George Carlin: RIP

No link yet, but a banner at MSNBC.

Breaking news on MSNBC - no link yet.

George Carlin has died. I really liked him, and just watched a special he did a few weeks ago. He still had the fire and brimstone in him, and he was certainly a guy who didn’t mince words!

Sorry to hear this news.

What?!?!

Banner on FOX News: Comedian George Carlin Dies at 71 in Los Angeles Hospital

Seems to be confirmed.

Just heard as well, about a moment ago. So many legends are leaving us lately, and now George. I knew this day would come, I just didn’t think so soon.

I’m heartbroken.

Oh, wow. Wasn’t expecting that.

And here’s the story on MSNBC.

There aren’t enough :frowning: .

Dammit. :frowning:

At least we can be sure he won’t go to Irish Catholic Heaven! :slight_smile:

I hope he’s nowhere right now.

One of the greatest of all time.

The first thing my dad got the courage to say to my mom back in high school was, “do you like George Carlin?”

Whoah. Bummer. 71 isn’t a bad run, but last I saw him doing anything (granted, some time ago), he looked pretty damn healthy for his age.

Hell, he looked pretty damn healthy for MY age.

So, this is a sad surprise.

Oh NO!

This is terrible news. He was one of the great funny men of all time.

I hope he’s surrounded by beer and pussy, and lots of it.

If you break a crumb in half, you don’t have two halves of a crumb, you have two crumbs!

How about a feminine deodorant spray named “Sprunt”?

Well, you’d never forget the name!

It’d always be on the tip of your tongue!

Oh, this is surprising news! We were just invoking his “Seven Dirty Words” bit an hour ago!

Well, wherever he ends up, I hope there’s a place for his stuff.

Why does his rant on the nobility of not staying on life support spring to mind?

“And don’t go pulling any plugs on me, either. That’s another bunch of macho bullshit floating around. People talkin’ bout “aw, just pull the plug on me if I’m comatose and lying there like a vegetable”. And I say FUCK YOU, LEAVE MY PLUG ALONE! Get an extension cord for my plug. I want everything, tubes, cords, plugs, electrodes, probes … you find an orifice that isn’t being used, stick a fuckin’ plug in it. Vegetable? I don’t care if I look like an artichoke! Saaaaave my ass.”

“Anyone could have bad breath, Marge, but you’d knock a buzzard off a shit wagon!”

AM-FM, one of my all-time favorite comedy albums.

RIP, George.

“Just give me ice cream every two hours, morphine every . . . five minutes, and turn on the TV!”