Tell me what kind of cookies to make

I’ve had a hankerin’ to make cookies, but I’m sick of my standard recipes. They include:

• Chocolate Chip cookies
  • Kayak cookies (crunchy oatmeal cookies with fleur de sel on top)
  • Molasses cookies
  • the occasional peanut butter cookie

I’m just kinda sick of all of these, so I’m looking for something New and Delicious. I know you dopers have 'em, so put 'em here. A whole thread of cookie recipes is something the dope needs!

OK, so I have three rotating cookie recipes. One is a chocolate chocolate chip and oatmeal recipe. The second is a standard pumpkin cookie (needs cream cheese frosting), and the other one is one I found online… a chocolate chip and pumpkin recipe.

All three have gotten good reviews from those who ate them. In fact, the last recipe was very well loved by the guys in my department. They would say “Thanks!” with their mouths stuffed of cookies… cute.

http://www.recipezaar.com/Pumpkin-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies-332173 -For the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies

Pumpkin Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup pumpkin, canned or mashed
2 ½ cups flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp allspice

Cream butter and sugar, then beat in egg. Stir in pumpkin and remaining ingredients. Drop by spoonfull onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Cool and frost with cream cheese frosting. Makes ~3 ½ dozen.
I owe you the chocolate chocolate chip and oatmeal recipe. It’s super easy, but the exact measurements are at my house…

White chocolate and Craisins (dried cranberries). The recipe is on the back of the Craisins bag, and you can take over the world with these, they’re so freaking good.

I just made these yesterday and they are fantastic.

They are the cookie version of peanut butter cups. Mmmmm, so good.

I like pumpking cookies too - here is what I use.

PUMPKIN COOKIES (adapted from Jean Pare’s - Company’s Coming Cookies)

½ cup of butter
3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup pure pumpkin with excess liquid strained (either canned or homemade)
2 cups all purpose flour
4 tsps baking powder
½ tsp EACH: salt, cinnamon, nutmeg
¼ tsp EACH: cloves, ginger
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts

Cream together sugar, syrup & butter well. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Add vanilla & pumpkin.

Stir remaining ingredients together; add. Mix well. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased pan.

Bake in 375F oven about 15 mins until lightly browned.

I make a white chocolate Craisins and pistachio bark that is to die for. And it’s festive for Christmas with red and green.

I posted this recipe for oatmeal/raisin/walnut cookies not long ago. They’re fookin’ outstanding. Make sure you allow the refrigeration time.

Snickerdoodles----because they have the best name.

Lemon Drop - I’ve made these with a similar recipe - I can’t find my original.
Yummy!
recipe from http://www.rd.com/advice-and-know-how/springs-finest-fare-lemon-drop-cookies-recipe/article26473.html

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
2 teaspoons lemon extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

Glaze
1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
What to Do

1. In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Beat in the sugar, lemon peel and extract. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to sugar mixture.

2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 325°F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on baking sheets before removing.

3. For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar and enough of the lemon juice to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over the cookies.

Yield: 3 1/2 dozen

Mocha Truffle Cookies

Chocolate Crinkles, such as these

I haven’t made these in years, but was just thinking about them the other day. Can’t vouch for that exact recipe though. I know there seem to be ones that use baking chocolate and those that use cocoa powder, so depending on what you have in your pantry…

SIFT
2 1/2 c flour
1/2 c dutch cocoa
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt

CREAM
2 sticks butter
1 c minus 2T brown sugar
2/3 c white sugar
1 t vanilla
1 T coffee

MIX
2 eggs

3 bars (@1 1/4 c) of espresso chocolate bars cut into small chunks

Mix it all together

375’ @12 minutes

A chocolate overload!

I’m going to try these for the first time this year.

Grandma’s Ricotta Cookies

Prep: 20 mins Cook: 15 mins Ready in: 35 minsServes:Update

Ingredients
1 cup butter softened
2 cups sugar
1 15-ounce container ricotta cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon milk
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Red and green sprinkles
Cooking Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease large cookie sheets.

In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add ricotta vanilla and eggs and beat until combined. Add flour baking powder and salt and beat until dough forms.

Using two tablespoons drop dough onto cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies begin to turn golden. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool.

In small bowl stir confectioners sugar milk and lemon juice until smooth. With a small metal spatula or knife spread icing on cookies and top with sprinkles. Set aside to allow icing to dry and harden.

The usual family cookie plate includes M&M cookies, Chocolate Chip cookies, Oatmeal Raisin cookies, Orange Balls, Sausage Balls, Sugar Cookies and Chocolate Peanut Candy. I posted the Sausage Ball recipe last night, and I’ll be happy to post the others if anyone wants them.

You will make toll house cookies. But each semi-sweet chocolate morsel shall be wrapped in gold. And there will be gold in the batter as well. You will bake them on a baking sheet made of ruby. And when they are cool, you will wrap each cookie in gold.

And then I will eat them.

These aren’t really cookies but after they’ve set, try sitting down with a gallon of milk and see what kind of damage you can do.

Chocolate Things

1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
1 bag butterscotch chips
1 can spanish peanuts
1 bag chowmein noodles

Melt chips over low heat, stirring often. Add peanuts and chowmein noodles, mix well. Drop onto waxed paper using the same method as for chocolate chip cookies (drop method?). They’re done when they’re cool enough to eat.

A friend of mine made something called Million Dollar Bars. They had coconut, chocolate chips, condensed milk, graham crackers, and a ton of butter. Very decadent and scrumptious. If you google around, you might find a variation of these.

I love Hershey Kiss cookies. Perfect for Valentine’s Day but great for the holidays too.

In the interest of fairness, I think we should have a neutral party judge the various recipes to determine a recommendation for Athena. The procedure to be followed is:

1. PM me to obtain my home address.
  2. Make a fresh batch of your favorite cookies.
  3. FexEx (or other overnight service) the cookies to me (remember to watch the packing, kids, we aren’t trying out cookie crumbs).

I’d like to wrap this up fairly quickly so try to have the cookies to me no later than, say, Monday.

As soon as I awaken from my sugar-induced coma, I will report the results back to Athena and the rest of the Dope.

No thanks are necessary, I feel like contributing something back to the community. No sacrifice too great and all that…

There must be cookies in the air as we were just discussing the lack of cookie dispensers here at the office.

These are one of my favorite cookies to make and eat (the others being Earl Grey Tea Cookies and Chai Cookies - I guess I like beverage flavored cookies)

**EGGNOG COOKIES with RUM GLAZE **

COOKIES:
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter,
softened
1 cup purchased eggnog
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg**
5&1/2 cups all purpose flour

GLAZE:
4 cups powdered sugar
5 to 6 tablespoons purchased eggnog
4 teaspoons dark rum or 1/4 teaspoon
rum extract
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg**

1. In large bowl, beat sugar and butter at
    medium speed until creamy. Beat in 1 cup
    eggnog, baking soda and nutmeg until
    blended. Gradually beat in flour until well
    blended. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.

2. Heat oven to 350° F. On lightly floured
    surface, roll out dough 1/4 inch thick. Cut
    out with cookie cutters; place cookies on
    baking sheet. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until
    lightly browned on bottom. Cool on wire
    racks.

3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, whisk
    together all glaze ingredients until smooth.
    Spread glaze over cooled cookies.

**If desired, a combination of ground
cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg can be used.
About 10 dozen (2 1/4-inch) cookies

These are also called Hello Dolly bars or 7 layer(5?) bars. No, I don’t know why they’re called Hello Dollies…

From memory, the recipe is this (check online for accuracy):

melt a stick of butter (non salted) or margarine
mix with 1 cup (2?) of graham cracker crumbs (premixed with 1 Tbs of sugar)
pour 1 cup of walnuts (chopped) onto gcc base
pour choc chips onto walnuts
pour butterscotch chips onto choc chips (optional)
spread coconut over top layer
Pour sweetened condensed milk over all of it.

Bake 325 or 350 for about 30 minutes. Let sit for a few. Devour.