I pit you, Mr. Grinch

In which I pit you Mr. Grinch. You filthy, filthy bastard.
written by the honorable Dr. Seuss

You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch.
You really are a heel.
You’re as cuddly as a cactus,
You’re as charming as an eel.
Mr. Grinch.

Dr. Seuss was such an asshole to people with differing views.

I had no idea. I made this post as a lighthearted pitting.
I am only familiar with his poetry that has always made me smile.

His politics? I admit to being clueless.

Would you like to fight my ignorance here?

Uh, lighten up, ShermanAter!:wink: You did good!

There aren’t many politics involved. Dr. Seuss wrote a simple hate letter to someone he barely even knew and published it for all the world to see. That is not the spirit of Christmas. It is completely one-sided and simplistic. Where is the published reply from Mr. Grinch? I am sure that the Grinch did lots of great things as a child and young adult but nobody cares about that just like nobody cares about the old lady who is mean to carolers on Christmas Eve. There could be other issues involved that nobody else gets to see yet we mock and laugh at the person. That isn’t what it is all about.

Hilarious! I hope this goes on…!

I see what you did there…
Merry Christmas

Be nice or baby Cindy-Lou Who will cry.

After re-reading this response I wonder if you are serious?
You couldn’t be, could you?

Wow.

Moving thread to MPSIMS.

Seriously, ShermanAter. Relax and enjoy…have some nice Roast Beast. You’ll feel better! :wink:

I pit the Grinch as well. Last night I read the book to my kid for the first time and I…

I found it…

heartwarming.

I’m losing my cynicism* in my old age. :eek:

:stuck_out_tongue:

-FrL-

*grinchiness

Did your heart grow 3 sizes last night?

Only half a size or so but who knows what this could lead to.

-FrL-

I pit the Grinch for his abusiveness to wee li’l dawgies! Poor thing. :frowning:

Bah! I now only read and watch The Grinch Who Stole Christmas up until the Grinch wins, and end it before those insipid Whos in Whoville come out and start caroling. In my mind, the Grinch is (2008 version) playing with his XBox 360 on a 60" wide screen HDTV, sporting a metric tonne of bling, texting all his fellow Grinches (like me), and chowing down on some fine roast beast sandwiches.

The Grinch FTW!

I rather liked the “you’re a crooked jerky jockey, and you drive a crooked hoss” bit.

Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy?

posted by Jenaroph

I haven’t got a kick out of two little words in such a long time. Thanks.

Edit: well…not LITTLE words persay, but still just two words. Good on ya mate.

I always felt bad for the Grinch’s dog. Poor puppy got caught up in this whole anti-christmas thing when all he wanted was to sleep on the rug in front of the fireplace. :frowning: