I pit you, Mr. Grinch

(Ooo fun I’ll play!)

I don’t see how Seuss was out of line considering the known activities of the Grinch. I mean look at what he did! Just because the Whos were caroling and happy he went and robbed and vandalized their houses. Thats far beyond anything reasonable. If he did not like the caroling he should have either put up with it or complained to the proper authorities. What he did was like trashing your neighbors house because you don’t like them practicing their bagpipes.

I think Suess’s attacking on the Grinch was entirely acceptable and entertaining to boot. If only half the pit threads were as well written it’d be the best forum on this board.

Not many know this, but a male Who is called a Whom.

This is perfectly acceptable IMHO.

What’s with the Grinch not wearing any clothes either? Last time I checked, that’s public indecency.

Not to be confused with pubic indecency, which includes dying your what’sits green and red.

You’re not supposed to do this?

Oh dear.

Is it still okay to set fire to their shrubberies?

What is pitting? And the phrase “I pit you” makes no sense to me. Please elucidate.

“Pitting” and “I pit you” are phrases we use
When someone or something we chose to abuse.

The words which we choose when we choose to abuse are usually boorish and rudish and crude.

Mt. Suess and his Grinch were first pitted in jest.
Then the Mod called Giraffe, no doubt doing his best, moved the thread rather quickly, with verve and with zest!

Now it’s a sham and a fake and a joke and no one can swear or call, “TROLL, TROLL, TROLL, TROLL!”

This pitting is potted and toothless and lame.
It’s a trainwreck! A pile-on! And I must say, a Shame!

There’s a forum on this board called “The Pit”. It is for all the flame threads and such. You have a beef, you take it to “The Pit”. “Pitting” a person is making a thread in The Pit about that person.

The reference to the Grinch enjoying being touched with a 39-and-a-half-foot pole was particularly out of line. I don’t know how Seuss came by that information but it should have remained private. It didn’t prove his point and it was vindictive and embarrassing to drop that bombshell in public.

Interestingly, the Seuss-Grinch case wound up in court. Grinch said Seuss’ description of him as a “bad banana” was libelous, but the court ruled in Seuss’ favor. The Grinch has filed a greasy black appeal.

SiXSwordS, your verse, for better or worse,
Has got me in stitches and wetting my britches
There’s only one way anybody could top thee:
By working in “hypertrophic cardiomyopathy”

The narrator condemns the Grinch before the poor guy has committed any offense. Fair and balanced? I don’t think so.

The Grinch lives in seclusion why? Because he looks different, perhaps? Maybe the Whos are not so tolerant at other times of year. No nativity scenes in their version of “Christmas” either.

What creature is “roast beast” made of? How do the Whos acquire this mystery meat in the middle of nowhere, with no discernable agriculture or trade goods? And why is there only one remaining Grinch?

My advise to Mr. G: Don’t turn your back on those atheistic, racist, carnivorous Whos.

My thoughts exactly. I think they could even be put in for a citizen of the year award or so.

(Note: I have nothing against good bagpipe players.)

Where are they now?

The Grinch - as of this record (6/1/2008) the Grinch was living in Malibu beach. After the famous Christmas episode the Grinch attempted to broaden his acting parts but was turned down by Sesame Street (too menacing looking) and Lucasfilms (Not menacing enough for Star Wars) He then made a decent living doing guest appearances at “Grinchers” conventions.

Max the Dog - A tragic ending. Stardom went to Max’s head and his flamboyant lifestyle resulted in a case of rabies when he was bitten by a rapid fan. He wandered for days and was finally shot by a beast rancher just south of who-ville.

Cindy Lou Who] - Another tragedy. Once proclaimed as the next great child star, Cindy was proven to have limited acting talent. As a young adult she raised venture capital to start the Cindy Lou’s Who Pudding Company. The company folded and years later she was arrested for offering to “trim the tree” of an undercover police officer in return for a candy cane. The case was eventually dismissed and Cindy insisted that she had merely asked for a glass of water. But her reputation now tarnished, Cindy vanished into obscurity. Relatives say she is leading a very quiet life but will not disclose her whereabouts.

** The rest of the Who’s** - Most went back to living normal lives with the exception of one Who who later became known as “Ron Howard’s Brother.”

The three words which best describe this pitting are as follows, and I quote,

:smiley:

While I believe that Shagnasty can speak for him/herself, I believe the point being raised here is that we really don’t know diddly.

There was never a trial so nothing was ever established as fact. There has not been any (to my knowledge) response from Grinch – is it the case that no response equals tacit confirmation?

No, Seuss created, out of whole cloth, what has become worldwide condemnation of the man’s good name. And this is DESPITE the amazing transformation the man undergoes in the later stages of the book. My friends and neighbors call me “Grinch” and I, for one, take it as a compliment.

By the way, I don’t get the “Seuss wrote it so its gospel” meme. I never saw him in person, but the halo and golden aura never made it across the TV screen. Are you really sure that Mr. Brown went to town? And I don’t know about you, but I hope that Sam is still at least a little leery of the Green Eggs and Ham.

NB: While Karloff’s narration is fine, Tony the Tiger’s songs about Grinch really sealed the deal. Grinch should include Frosted Flakes in any legal action he brings against Seuss.

Hey, I’d like to to sleep on the rug in front of the fireplace all day too. Some of us have to WORK for a living. :mad:

Anyone who has read “Hop on Pop” and “The King’s Stilts” can have no doubt about Seuss’s political motivations. The Grinch was green-listed pure and simple.

Okay, that made me laugh out loud! :smiley:

I think we can we take the non-refutation
as Mr. Grinch’s tact confirmation
that Seuss did not distort or miss-say
all the events that happened that day.

And although Mr. Grinch underwent a transformation
It is certainly not misinformation
to discuss how he was during the duration
of his egregious Who vandalization.

For though he did make recompense
I think that it’d make very little sense
To give him praise and adulation