How Do I Scratch an Itch if the Area is Numb?

For 30 years I’ve had a large scar on my shoulder blade that damaged the nerves in the area leaving it without a sense of touch. It’s itched periodically in the past, but recently the sensation has become more regular. It’s driving me crazy, because since there are no nerves in the area, I can’t scratch the itch. There must be some trick I don’t know about to make the itch go away. Am I right?

Warmth and massage.

I am going through this right now after surgery in November. My scar is about 7" long on my belly. If I find that it is itchy, I tend to scratch everywhere on my belly. Sometimes the spot that works is inches away from where I feel the itch. Strange, but true (at least in my case)

I have areas that have been numb for years due to surgery. I have found if I lightly hit the itchy area I can stop the itching.

I don’t know if my experience is helpful: I’ve had temporary numbness in a couple places due to surgeries (in both cases, medical staff thought it was more likely than not that feeling would return). Mild itching in the area was the first sign of returning sensation. Generally, just touching or lightly rubbing the area would help .