Google - every web-page may harm your computer

Suddenly this morning, everytime I do a Google search, Google tells me that every web-page it finds “may harm my computer”. If I click on the link, Google puts up a malware warning, suggesting I shouldn’t click on the link.

It’s not just one or two web-pages. It’s every web-page that Google brings up, regardless of the search topic.

Anyone else having this happen? any idea what it means?

Thank God I’m not the only one: I was about to start yelling at my kid. :wink:

Yeah, I just noticed the same thing happening to me.

Google gone gaba-gaba.

Yeah, I have no idea what’s up with that. Hopefully a temporary issue.

I just tried it and I get the same warning no matter what link I click on Google’s search page results. Even mainstream ones like Wiki. Must be on their side. Either that or the entire internet has finally been infected.

Huh - I hadn’t noticed it, but I’m getting it too. Probably haven’t googled much.

It’s a bit funny when you search on ‘safe computing’ :slight_smile:

Yeah, and you can’t even OK the link.

So, basically Google is dead right now.

Does that mean that the SDMB is Kandor?

Ya-hooooooo-oo-ooo-oooooooo

Apparently it has happened before. The page doesn’t have an exact date, but according to Firefox and the page itself, seems like it happened in 2007.

This is also interesting.

Yes - I’ve got this too. I was just about to start a thread about it. It’s a comfort to know it’s not just me. Thank og for the SD.

Oh whew! I thought I had some killer virus that was totally screwing up my computer.

Glad it’s not just me, I couldn’t imagine a search for a recipe being malware.

There’s a story up on Slashdot about it. Not much in the way of details, except for a bunch of guys giggling about how if you search for Google, Google will warn you about Google being malware.

Weird. Gmail is working for me in the meantime, at least.

working okay for me now, google is.

And now it’s broke again…

And now it’s working again…

Gmail works fine for me but Google search is still schizophrenic.

Like **Qadgop **- it’s fixed…uhhh…uhhh…broke - fixed. broke.

DAMN IT ALL I NEED IS A PICTURE OF A MARBLED MURRELET