Google - every web-page may harm your computer

Could you check my turn signals while you’re at it?
:smiley:

Still not for me (although in my case I am using google.ca; maybe things are still broken north of the border).

ETA - Spoke too soon. Seems OK now.

No problem here but I remember I once needed to access a site deemed dangerous by google and I analysed the code and there was nothing there which could be considered dangerous. Maybe there was some other reason. I emailed the owners of the site to warn them. Maybe it was just because it was in China. I notice it is no longer labeled as dangerous.

I have no idea what’s going on. Do you guys have the google toolbar or other crap installed? I stay away from such things.

It’s all working again. How bizarre. :dubious:

Here. Google works fine for me, though on other boards I’ve heard talk like this.

Hey thanks! :slight_smile: Google apears to have taken it’s Xanax and is now functioning like it should.

Cursery look at the interwebs it’s amazing how many people are effected by this, and how disturbing it is to many millions of people at one time. Interesting still how much our psyche seems to need Google…Scarey

Does anyone know why it happened?

I wonder if Google will give an explanation…

maybe if you google it… :slight_smile:

That shows how Google has successfully positioned itself as the “top-of-mind” search engine. The Internet isn’t much use to the average person without a search engine - thus the dependency on Google and others.

Exactly, google would be a great tool to disseminate information to the globe quickly. Though this is most likely already happening, and being an American company I would think our gov’t has the keys to that particular function if it’s ever needed. From a psychological standpoint I find it very fascinating how one entity can be so influencial on such a utilitarian basis for so many. Boggling.

Same prob here. In the middle of intensive internet research, I was ready to scream and kill when all Google results became unusable for no reason. Closed the browser and it went away. I truly hope it won’t come back.

Yahoo still exists, you know.

lol

What is really scarey is that it never crossed my mind that there are any other search engines. I’ve even got a folder of them in my bookmarks. :frowning:

Next you’ll expect us to use AltaVista, Northern Lights, or Archie. Troglodyte.

Infoseek used to be the bomb.

I still remember when I first used Google (on recommendation). “Meh, what’s so special about this? Back to Infoseek for me!”.

Ahh, the naivety.

Google the company is constantly updating and adding to their existing software, making changes and tweaks. Obviously they can’t take the servers down and apply a patch so they pretty much have to do it real-time. At this point, whenever I see Google acting up, my first thought is “Ha, they’re screwing with it again.”

From BBC ( I used google news ) :slight_smile:

Kind of nice to think that. for all the deep cleverness of their search engines and distributed files systems and so on, one little cock-up by a grunt somewhere could bring the whole thing crashing down. I’m glad I was there to witness it. Just for a moment Google didn’t seem quite so mighty.