Superbowl Sunday Alternate programming

OK, you are the head of a rival network. You have to put *something *on against the most watched show in the US. And there are lots of people who don’t want to watch.

So what do you put on?

(Last time I asked this I got a lot of “anthing, I hate the superbowl.” *This *answer is why you are not the head of a rival network…)

I think I might go for the first Primetime broadcast of the Sex And The City movie. If it could be licensed. (I suspect it is too soon for that.)

Jurassic Park 1 2 and 3

TOP 100 moments in TV history

Live Concert…Comedy or Music

:rolleyes:

That would include at least one Super Bowl halftime show.

I agree with you, but it seems like the networks have more or less given up. Seriously, who wants to watch “Puppy Bowl X”? ABC Family has “Home Alone 2”. I would think the SciFi channel would be the biggest winner since most of us geeks could care less about the super bowl, but they put on “Ghost Hunters”. The one show no science geek wants to watch. Discovery Channel puts on “The True Story of Jesus.” Once again, this is a show designed for “true Americans” as defined by Sarah Palin, and those “true Americans” are watching the Superbowl. Comedy Central is putting on “Scary Movie 4”.

Somebody needs to target the non-Superbowl watching audience. They may not beat the Superbowl, but they will get a good audience.

They have all given up, so those of us not watching the Superbowl have gotten into the habit of renting movies or doing someting else. I will DVR the Superbowl though, so I can skip through the game and watch the commercials at my lesiure.

The theatrical versions of the original Star Wars trilogy.

On what channel?

Whichever one I was in charge of, of course. I’m sure that, as the head of a network, I’d like to be able to choose the programming for my rivals, but somehow I doubt that they’d let me.

Given the length of all the SuperBowl nonsense?

All three Lord of the Rings films. Director’s cut. That should just about cover it. And it should provide some excellent PIP material for when the game drags.

AMC decided on a Death Wish marathon, but it’s not a first for them.

I don’t know what I’d put on. Anything popular has already been shown a gazillion times.

gaffa, good choice!

You mean who WOULDN’T, right? RIGHT? <shakes fist>

Firefly.

Next question?

Showtime should air an entire season of Dexter, back to back.
HBO could broadcast an entire season of Deadwood or Rome, back to back.

We rented Outsourced. It’s a good romantic comedy. I recommend it to those that enjoy such things.

It used to be a ritual of mine to flip through the channels and see what the OTHER networks had on against the Super Bowl. For the most part, it seems like they would drop their usual Sunday night schedule and air anti-Super Bowl stuff. Usually crap like Bachelor marathons.

And I still never got this obsession with WANTING to watch commercials…