Liberal. Did they kick you out ?

I knew you’d be back

I gave you three months but it only took two.
And now you’re chain posting like someone whose been without a keyboard for a couple of months.

Will you now admit that this is the best fucking message board on the WWW.

No.

It’s Edlyn.

:smack:

Sorry :o

Pssst: Liberal, you dickwad hypocrite - Part 2 - The BBQ Pit - Straight Dope Message Board

I think he’s asking why he left domebo. Dutchman, no, he was not kicked out, he left on his own.

Oh, well that’s easy. It was great at first. And then the snarkers came, beginning with Excalibur (formerly known as Excalibre), who luckily arrived just a tad too late to derail the hate speech vote with his out-of-the-blue threadshitting. But after that, they began to come in droves. And not just primary accounts. There were socks. But the rules on socks changed over time. And when I say “over time”, I mean day by day. The noise level increased rapidly. I secured a ruling from the board’s owner that we could register socks for the purpose of holding Socratic dialogs, which was all that I could see would be the last vestige of something enjoyable to me there. And then that was stripped away suddenly, upon the huffy grumbling of the ever so nice What Exit?, who never met a person’s business that he did not believe required his interference. And so, there I was. It was either (1) endure the endless snarkers and their socks; (2) try Giraffe’s message board; (3) try some other message board; (4) stop posting at message boards; or (5) return here.

I tried (2), whereupon my post was tagged with gems like “worthless human being”, and my apology for a comparison I made was deemed insincere. I had said that because Giraffe made his announcement in MPSIMS, he got people mostly from there, and that because the Captain (CRSP) made his announcement selectively through PMs, he got people from various forums like Great Debates. No offense to MPSIMS people, but their main thing is a sort of chatty, cliquish back-and-forth with inside jokes. I don’t even feel like I know that community. Every thread I’d ever started there (with two notable exceptions) fell like a rock off the page.

I tried (3), but could not find a community that interested me. There is a board that discusses philosophy almost exclusively, but whose owner is a Kant freak. I mean Jesus, c’mon. I sort of tried (4) at Giraffe’s board by starting a blog there. And I got some nice comments on my entries. But then the bloodletting continued on the main board. (Naturally, Giraffe’s view of all this will be quite different, since he is not I, and is either unable or unwilling to see from a point of view other than his own. But he’s a good egg, so if he tried, he could do it, and I would not be surprise.)

And so, what remained was (5). I have a team of doctors now, and one of them is a psychiatrist. He prescribed Tranxene for me, which he says is the modern equivalent of Quaalude, a tranquilizer that I used to enjoy in my hippie days. The Tranxene (at a relatively high dosage) combined with clonazepam (a sedative) pretty much keeps me at an even keel. I know, for example, that this post will be met with a storm of criticism, word ripping, and ridicule.

Luckily for me, thanks to a skilled psychiatrist, I don’t care. So that’s it in a tiny nutshell.

Wherever you go, there you are.

So I take it you are not a coffee drinker?

Cite?

I got yer cite right here, buddy.

That’s not a cite. That’s your crotch.

And wherever you go, there it is.

TLDR

Gosh, do ya think?

Welcome back. DNFTT. Happy anniversary (IIRC) to you and Edlyn.

Regards,
Shodan

I agree that the other board has a lot of scruffy in-laws frequenting it, but occasionally something gets my interest. Threads over there tend to die quickly, which doesn’t encourage me to return to them for contributions, so I usually gravitate back here where participation is better. What’s his name, the cooking guy who was banned here a couple years ago, made a brief appearance, but has apparently abandoned the board as a bad bet.

On the other hand, I didn’t flame out as you apparently did here over the whole censorship flap (I missed that particular thread, as the issues bored me), so don’t face the heated criticism that you are experiencing. It will die down: the haters will keep hating, and those of us who have a more complacent nature won’t dwell on the past.

:???:

Your sock account was only removed after you left the board.

Welcome back Liberal

I enjoy your point of view, even if I don’t always agree.

Glad to see the whole “don’t drag crap from other boards back here” rule is being followed so assiduously.

Who the hell reads the rules?