Child actors we havn't seen since they were kids. All grown up!

There are plenty of famous child actors we’ve seen plenty of since their glory days, we know who they are. But then there are those who did not linger, the ones who have long since fallen off our radar screens. It sure is fun to catch up with someone who made their mark as a young person years ago and awe over how they’ve grown. So let’s do it!

Strictly speaking it doesn’t have to be an actor, it could be any kind of public figure who we remember as a kid. Like say the now striking 1996 Olympic Champion Dominique Moceaunu

http://www.dominique-moceanu.com/

I offer Jake Lloyd, young Anakin Skywaler from the first Star Wars prequel now 20 years old.

http://www.scifitv.com.au/Blog/2009/07/jake-lloyd-exclusive-ten-years-after-ep-one/

Anyone else have any other interesting offerings?

The Jake Lloyd video was interesting. He seems like a cool guy, even if he was a terrible actor when he was 10. :wink:

Danica McKellar- alias Winnie Cooper from The Wonder Years- has a new career writing books about math for young girls.

He seems like a good guy, a fellow nerd. Although it’s apparent that he had to suffer a lot in his formative years which makes me a bit sad.

The kid from Sleepless in Seattle, Ross Malinger. I mean, he’s done some cameo work, but nothing really.

Lee Norris, the guy who played Minkus on Boy Meets World, disappeared for a while, (from 2000 to 2006), but is getting some roles now.

Jodie Sweetin, our beloved Stephanie Tanner, has disappeared. Occasionally news breaks about her failed marriage, but she’s been quiet.

And on that Full House tangent, Andrea Barber, aka Kimmy Gibler, hasn’t done anything since Full House.

Who didn’t?

I dunno, I think “You ruined Star Wars!” would sting a bit more than “Ha ha, you read a lot!” :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s Webster doing these days?

He’s doing what everyone else is doing. Being devastated by Jacko’s death.
SSG Schwartz

He was on VH-1’s Where Are They Now? (or a similar show) a few years back, and IIRC he was involved in producing rap artists.

Jonathan Lipnicki, the precocious little kid in Jerry Maguire, is now a handsome young man. Looks like he has a couple of projects in development, as well.

She has been on a couple episodes of “How I Met Your Mother” and she has been in Maxim. She hasn’t exactly fallen off the face of the earth.

One that got me was Allison Smith. She used to play one of the daughters (on the right) on Kate & Allie back in the mid-eighties. Then about fifteen years later she was on The West Wing looking like this.

Deyum!!!
Could she fall off something and onto me?

Oh, no, he wasn’t a terrible actor at 10. Children require very good directors and are unable to overcome horrible directors in the way some adults can.

Haley Joel Osment and any other child actor would have been equally bad in Phantom Menace because it had a horrible director and screen writer.

Here are the Goonies, all grown up.

Chunk…is hot. OMG!

Last time I saw her she was hosting* Pants Off Dance Off* on Fuse. Being a methhead tends to hurt your career.

Anna Chlumsky is still acting, and looks rather fetching, if I do say so myself.

Some people think Haley Osment grew up to be weird looking.. Others don’t seem bothered. IMO, he’s got a good look for an actor.