ID A Movie Please

Hello all.

A long while back, in high school, I was shown a very sad movie. This movie was of a homeless woman and her struggle to raise her daughter as best as possible. The woman’s husband abandoned her before the beginning of the movie.

The movie ends with the woman talking to a CPS agent (or someone). Her and the agent arrange for the agent to “chance” upon her daughter alone at a park. The mother having deliberately left her alone so the agent can say the daughter was all alone and can take her away and place into foster care.

Very sad movie. All the girls in the class were crying and the males in the class all had some eye problems at the same time. The air became very itchy and made our eyes water. If I were you, I’d watch the movie with adequate ventilation, lest you end up with very watery eyes also.

So, anyone know the movie?

I don’t think i know the film.

The only one that comes to mind is Ken Loach’s Ladybird, Ladybird, although it’s not really about a homeless woman, but about a woman with multiple children to different fathers and her fight to keep them.

It’s apparently based on a true story, and is pretty harrowing watching.

No, the woman in the movie I’m looking for is definately homeless and definately only has one child.

Though your suggestion does sound like it has the same ability to make the air become quite an eye irritant.

Geez, I’d love to help you out, but it might help me(and others) if I (we) knew when “A long while back, in high school…” was. Where you in high school ten years ago? Were you in high school when I was in high school, the early 1950s? Give us a hint!

I watched the movie in the year 2000. I am going to wager that the movie was from the early to mid 90s.

EDIT: Does that help? Now you can narrow down the different movies with the same plot to that decade at least. :wink:

Feature film? Made for TV?

Nevermind. Here’s the results for an IMDb keyword search on “homeless” sorted by release date: Sort by Popularity - Most Popular Movies and TV Shows tagged with keyword "homeless" - IMDb

Some of the plot descriptions are pretty thin, so I’m hoping a title will jump out at you.

God Bless The Child is a title that sounds familiar and has a bit more plot description than some of the others. Apparently I’m not alone in my search for the movie described in the OP.

And now after a quick Googling of this title, it would seem it’s the movie I was looking for. :cool:

Thanks Knead.

Damn, this movie is such a powerful eye irritant, just the memory of it is making the air around here unpleasant. :frowning:

Happy to help.

IMDb’s keyword search [del]is[/del] can be a very powerful tool.