Flushing: Before, During, or After?

I, as a guy, will flush half way through my #1 so that I finish at the same time as the toilet. Is it just me or is that common. I’m interested in hearing from females too, even though it would take a bit of acrobatics for a woman to reach around and flush. Also, do you get your t.p. ready before you sit down, or after?

I believe that is weird. I will flush after the initial stages of #2 though.

Females who know about the toilet plume don’t flush “during”.

Ever.

On this topic, a very wise friend of mine once said to me in a washroom at the Montreal Molson Center hockey arena.

“When you woke up this morning, you took a shower, dried off and put clean boxers on. Your penis has been kept safe there throughout the day. Your hands, however, have handled a million unclean, unsanitary things just at this arena alone. But still, you wash your hands AFTER you’ve handled yourself.”

Now I was twice.

That raises another point. I wash my hands after using public restrooms, or even my parents’, but not at home. I think it has to do with how dirty I think a bathroom is. I, of course, think mine is spotless, even if there is cat litter on the seat.

N & I Scott - check out Cecil’s word on this

** KV** - That’s just weird, man, but you’re not the only one. The whole point of flushing is to get rid of all of your #1, not just most of it (unless you’re an expert at timing it).

Well, sometimes I flush BEFORE if it’s just too gross to pee in. I mean if it is a public urinal( which they put WAAAAAAAY too low for me, especially when I’m wearing ice skates) and its kinda funky, I will flush it before. I always wonder how hair gets on top of the urinal… how tall was that guy?
I am pretty good at timing when the tank will be done refilling on my home toilet. It’s one of the old water-wasters. Something like 9 gallons a flush. I’ve never had to call a plumber for a clog, though.

Flush before if you want, but ALWAYS flush after! It’s digusting to walk up to a fixture and find somebody else’s stinking byproducts in there.

A couple of weeks ago, I got to a stall just as another fellow was leaving it. I walked in, and I saw what he had forgotten. I was already grumbly about something else. I tilted my head back and hollered, “SOMEbody’s mommy didn’t teach him how to flush!”

KV: Why not wait until you’re all done? I mean, do you have a particular reason for doing a simultaneous pee-flush thing, or is it just an endearing little idiosyncracy? As to women doing that, it really wouldn’t work because we wipe after we pee, so one would be leaving the paper in the toilet.

I unroll the TP after I’m done, I think.

And I almost always wash my hands, even if just a quick token splash under the cold faucet.

I gotta say after. I’ve never heard of people flushing during, though I never really enquired.
With public urinals/toilets, though, flushing before also is usually a must. Well, a must if someone else has…left their business unattended to.

I do the same. I always wash at public restrooms and friends’ houses, but not at home.

During. I try to time it, like KV was talking about. It’s a game almost. :slight_smile:

And I have to wash my hands. If I don’t (i.e. when the sink in the public restroom doesn’t work) I can’t think about anything but my hands and when I can wash them. It’s just gross.

Flush? What is this “flush” thing of which you speak?

I always flush AFTER #2, I hate to walk into a stall and see that. But, I can’t be alone with the #1 thing. Rarely, except for at Disney where the toilet flushes itself, do I walk up to a urinal or stall that has clean water in it.

You’re not alone KV. I’m with you. :wink:

If it needs one after( I had more to get rid of than I thought ) I flush after aswell.

The following is a quote from the above link:

“If an alien came from space and studied the bacterial counts,” the professor says, “he probably would conclude he should wash his hands in your toilet and crap in your sink.”

I think I feel a new sig coming on…

Oh yeah… after. Right before I bolt wildly from the bathroom.

AFTER AFTER AFTER AFTER!!!

I cannot stand entering a bathroom…anywhere - public or private…and find something left in the toilet which will almost inevitably happen, should you flush during a release of waste of any shape, size or type. ICK!

As for the logistics of flushing - it would be very difficult for a female to flush during a waste release, anyway…let alone the aforementioned toilet flush. Of course, it’s easier for males to flush during and I know a few who have that habit. My own SO was one of those types, until I practically beat it out of him.

:smiley:

I think the really dodgy part of going to public toilets is after you have carefully washed your hands and dried them thoroughly you go to open the door and immediately find that someone wasn’t quite as careful as you were at cleaning and drying their hands…ughhh :eek:

So, do you ever use campground pit toilets or Porta-Potties of any kind? Or does the thought of your waste comingling with that of others in a large vat of urine and feces only inches from your derrierre creep you out to the point of suppressing your bodily functions altogether?

So, do you ever use campground pit toilets or Porta-Potties of any kind? Or does the thought of your waste comingling with that of others in a large vat of urine and feces only inches from your derrierre creep you out to the point of suppressing your bodily functions altogether? **
[/QUOTE]

I actually am afraid of using a porta-potty. Not because of what could be in there, shudder, but I don’t trust people not to knock it over while I’m in it.