Flushing: Before, During, or After?

I once saw two squirrles fighting in the tank of a port-a-potty once. That was really scarring. I was young, and the whole rest of the trip, I tried to hold it in.

Most people, of course, aren’t very careful about anything. So protect yourself, that’s what the paper towels are for.

If I understand correctly…I’ve heard that a lot of guys flush beforehand for a few reasons:

1. The sound of water gets them in …“the mood”
  2. The flushing blocks out splashing sounds.
  3. They like to pop the bubbles or fill the tank with their own bubbles.

and I think many flush afterwards.

What I have trouble fully understanding is this complete lack of toilet paper use after a guy uses a urinal. I just can’t imagine that the shaking off thing works.

Has anyone seen a guy wipe his penis with a swab of toilet paper? Do you guys do this at home but just not at a public urinal? Also, do some guys kneel while they pee in a toilet? I’ve heard of that but wasn’t sure if it really happened.

Tibs.

It doesn’t… to quote an old saying I heard somewhere long ago (hence it being “old”) - no matter how much you shake and dance, the last drop always ends up in your pants. Long ago, men probably realized the futility of wiping it since no matter what - 10 seconds after they tucked it away - one more drop!

I’ve never heard of someone doing that. Now, what you really need to experience is the pee chills - do women get those? A lot of the guys I know do (myself included).

I always have to wash my hands, and I think out of most people I see that wash, I probably spend a full half a minute washing instead of the “rinse your hands off” bull routine. I think part of it has to do with having relatives and friends who told me stories about health films where they talked about how unsanitary it is to not wash your hands after you use the bathroom, etc. I also have this thing about residue on my hands: if I can’t wash my hands, I try not to touch anything until I can, especially not on my own person.

I flush after, of course! Why before or during? That’s just…I don’t know, weird.

Sometimes I do during. I’m a female…why is it easier for males?

Flush? HA! I never flush!

While working in the NWT at a mine site, Mike P. and his chopper pilot buddy lifted a porta-potty while fellow was in it.

I’ve peed while kneeling when the electricity was off in the house and didn’t care to make a mess of the place :slight_smile:

I find that after #2, there is tp in the bowl, after the flush. I don’t bother to wait for it, so I can flush again.