How Many "Mouseketeers" Remain?

In the late 1950’s, Walt Disney productions had a kid’s TV show, that featured the “Mouseketeers”-they were sort of a club, headed by a young-looking guy. The mouseketeers got to wear beany-style hats (with foan rubber mouse ears), and did varoius stuff on the show. They also got to travel, and many became actors as adults.
How many are still around? How did you get to be a mousketeer?
I remember those beany caps-my late great aunt bought me one (she got it on a trip to Disneyland).

The original 1950s Mouseketeers were made up of the following people (this is just the main cast; I guess there were a bunch of auxiliary Mouseketeers but frankly I don’t feel like looking up all of their names on Google to see if they are dead or not :smiley: )

Annette Funicello, Tommy Cole, Darlene Gillespie, Bobby Burgess, Doreen Tracey, Cubby O’Brien, Karen Pendleton, Lonnie Burr, Sharon Baird, and Cheryl Holdridge.

Believe it or not, they are still alive except Cheryl Holdridge, who died in January 2009.

There were also 1970s and 1990s revivals of the Mickey Mouse Club, but I’m going to assume most of those Mouseketeers are still alive as well.

Source: The Mickey Mouse Club - Wikipedia

According to Wiki the Mouseketeers are still with us minus one…Cheryl Holdridge (joined the second year) died last January.

The adults: Jimmy Dodd died in 1964 and Big Roy in 1976

edit: Whoops, MsWhats it beat me by a minute

I guess the most infamous has to be Britney Spears. Man, what a human train wreck

Original Mickey Mouse Club Cast Heres your baseline if you want to look them up. Holeridge died recently from lung cancer.

The most visible of the '50s group would be Anette (those '60s movies) and Bobby (went on to dance every week on the Welk show).

The Welk group still puts together specials that get pledged around. Anyone know if Burgess is still dancing with them?

Wikipedia says he is.

Darlene was recently sent to prison for writing bad checks.

Sharon Baird did work with the Krofft brothers in the 70s, on H.R. Pufnstuf, Land of the Lost and other shows.

And toured with Gallagher (yes, of the Sledge-O-Matic) at least once.

I wonder how Annette Funicello is doing. I don’t think she’s been seen publicly for years. Multiple sclerosis is such a horrible debilitating disease. I hope Annette is ok.

And, as far as the most recent incarnation (the 1990s), since someone already mentioned Britney Spears, it should be noted that Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake are also alumni.

I remember the 70’s version growing up. According to what I just read on Wiki, it was a total failure with only about a year’s worth of episodes made. Two of them have already died and the only one to have any sort of fame was the one who played the hot blond on Facts of Live.

Not to mention actor Ryan Gosling.

Those are simply the most popular ones – the infamous “Red Team” (and more precisely, the final line-up of the red team). As you correctly emphasized, there were more Mouseketeers than that.

Doreen posed nude in the late 70’s for Gallery, IIRC. And not coyly nude either, but spread-eagle.

Some things were best left to my imagination, that’s for sure.

I just found that online. She is wearing her mouse ears, Mickey tights and DOREEN sweater in that picture. Is nothing sacred?

Karen was paralyzed from the waist down in car accident when she was in her mid-30’s.

The last I heard, Annette is not doing too good.

She has lost her voice.

She also is basically blind.

She cannot feed herself nor do much of anything for herself, and Annette is either in a bed or a wheelchair.

That’s just nasty.