What seemingly innocuous things can you just NOT look at?

This is NOT a thread for posting gross things that squick most people out. This is a thread for posting normal, everyday things that millions of people think nothing of that gross YOU out particularly, so that you avoid looking at them/watching them/seeing them, etc.

For me there are two big ones:

I can’t stand seeing someone fold their ear forward. Seeing this causes an instant reaction which, if you were watching my face and trying to guess what I’d just seen, you’d probably think Id’ just witnessed a stabbing or something.

I can’t watch people brush their teeth–it makes me queasy.

What about you?

Videos of baby tree sloths creepy me out badly - not adults, though. It’s the way the babies move that’s so freaky.

I can’t say that I’ve ever seen a baby tree sloth!

Mine is a common one: Porcelain dolls scare the fuck out of me.

I was thinking that I don’t have anything like this, but after elfkin’s response I’m reminded of ferrets. Weird, man!

I was just talking about this today and it almost made me gag then. It’s making me almost gag now typing it:

Cooked leaf vegetables. Ugh. When you get whatever Chinese dish and it has those slimy, wilty, booger-looking strings of green … yeesh … I can’t go on.

Retch

Smiling babies. I mean, I love children, I don’t mind the noises, smells, etc. that they make, it’s just that hugely happy look that infants have sometimes. I just find it disgusting, I’m not sure why.

That “are tumors edible” question in GQ- my stomach turns whenever I see it. Any word on that pukey smiley?

Not buckeyes? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahahaa! That makes me laugh for some reason.

Eyeballs. I don’t see how people can stand to look each other in the eye all the time. They make my skin crawl.

As mentioned above, porcelain dolls. Freaky evil looking little things. My youngest sister collects the things, and she’s constantly leaving them laying around. I think that’s it, though I’ll probably realize that there are others as I read this thread.

the little nook on the top of a pomegranate that is full of those little alienish spore thingies.

I can’t stand to have my stomach poked, and I can’t stand to watch anyone else get poked in their stomach either. This includes the Pillsbury Dough-boy.

Bare foam, like foam matresses or pillows, make it stop.

Sloths. I hate sloths, they creep me out, I hate their weird faces and their creepy limbs and their creepy freaky claws and the fact that never ever EVER move and THINGS GROW ON THEM and just eewwww.

I can’t look at sloths.

Someone sitting in the passenger seat of a car and propping their feet on the dashboard.

I hate that. If I’m driving on the highway in summertime and see bare feet on the dashboard of some other car, it squicks me right out. No idea why.

Spiders. I can’t even look at a picture of a spider without getting heebed out.

What about propped on the passenger side mirror? I have a bad habit of doing this. (Yes, I know it’s dangerous both to my feet and the driver. It’s a habit I’m trying to break.)

Jerusalem Crickets - sorry, but dead ones look like aborted fetusus.

Almost everything to do with pregnancy and babies; women’s swollen bellies, new-born babies, mothers breast-feeding, and images of childbirth just make me nauseous. Kept me from ever wanting one of my own.

Kittens.