What is milk called when it's poured on cereal

My brother just asked me on Facebook what you would call the milk that you pour onto cereal. I told him I’d get back to him on it; thus, I put it to the Dope.

I’d call it breakfast. But I’m pragmatic like that.

Milk. In a bowl.

I’d call it milk.

Milk. In a bowl.

Milk. No need for further explanation.

It’s just milk.

Like coffee poured out of the pot and into a mug is…coffee. :confused:

Milk. In a bowl. On cereal.

I think we called it “cereal milk” when I was a kid. As in, “…but I don’t like the cereal milk…” when my mom would tell us to drink the milk left over after eating the cereal.

I’m going to have to buck the trend and say we’d call it “milk.” Broth and Sauce have definitions that milk in its unaltered form doesn’t meet, and it’s not a Beverage if you’re not drinking it, so…Milk.

It becomes the blood of Christ, right? Or am I thinking of something else?

We also call it “cereal milk.”

Lubricant.

In my cause, yogurt.

Seriously. Plain, lo or non-fat yogurt with cold cereal. It’s WAY better than milk.

You don’t even need the good stuff, you’re not going to be able to tell the difference once you mix in the grape-nuts.

It turns into sweet milk after you’ve eaten sugar pops, Capt Crunch or other sugary cereals.

The best part is slurping the sweet milk after the cereal is gone.

Eucha-Crisp-the cereal of Christ.

Beverage: No, it’s clearly meant as a part of the dish. When you slurp up the remaining broth from your bowl of soup, do you call it a beverage? No, unless you’re an idiot. If you consider cereal as a stand-alone food that is eaten with other toppings, you might get away with calling it a condiment, but you’d be laughed at.

Broth: Clearly not. Broth is what you get when you distill the essence of meat or fish.

Sauce: You’re reduced to grasping at straws. There is no sauce-making activity going on here. Where are the elements of a sauce? The preparation?

Sorry, but it’s just ‘milk’.

“Milk.”

The answer is sludge

Hot milk with shredded wheat. mmmmmmmmmm. It’s an ingredient in the final dish, so none of the above.