Raising Hope - FOX Comedy Series Worth Watching!

We really like this show!
It is stupid funny - Cloris Leachman is hysterical as maw-maw, the rest of the cast is great and the stories are well-written; even though the concept could be considered low-brow trailer-trash, the show has humor on many levels.
There is a certain charm about it that doesn’t make fun of the characters - yet allows them to be more than a tad odd.

Any others watching?
If you haven’t seen it, give it a try.

We watch it every week and love it.

I absolutely love this show. Made by the same people who made My Name is Earl. I especially like the songs the daycare owner sings to her charges. The one about the dogs was hilarious.

If you haven’t watched it yet, give it a try. It’s on right after Glee.

And you can tell it’s by the same guy. It has the same sort of humor, the same sort of ridiculous, stupid characters that you nonetheless love. Raising Hope made me like Garret Dillahunt, and he’s played so many despicable characters so very well, I didn’t think that was possible.

SUCH a good show.

I love the show. I like how they’re all idiots and not the best parents, but they genuinely care for each other.

And Sabrina is such a cutie.

I like it a lot, I think I’ve seen every episode.
The Cloris Leachman character is my least favorite though.
Love the ukelele, singing girl. Loved the T-Giving episode and the ukelele duet with the other girl.

“It’s just the doorbell, the freakin’ doorbell” :smiley:

I got hooked on Raising Hope from seeing just the first ten minutes on DVR Glee overflow (now it’s got it’s own series recording). I’ve never seen My Name is Earl, but if it’s anywhere near this good, I might just have to Netflix it. Everything about this show tickles me.

I give you Garfunkle and Oates

I’ve been watching the show since the premiere, and loving every episode. It’s definitely filled the hole that My Name is Earl left. I kind of hope they bring Jason Lee on for an episode.

I love it. I always laugh when they show the baby. So cute and innocent in such perilous situations. Or maybe it’s the little beanie hat.

Or Randy!

I love it too, but my husband went “Ewww” when Mamaw delivered her “baby” and refuses to watch with me. His loss.

In the first episode they did a shout-out to Earl. While they were watching TV, the news popped a story saying something like, “Local criminal finally finishes making amends for all the people he’s wronged.” I think they had a picture of Jason Lee up as well.

It’s a tough nut to crack.

Nah. “Electric bye-bye chair” works for me.

Crap. There went an hour on Youtube.

I’ve been watching regularly from the start. I don’t think it’s up to the standards set on Earl, but I’ve been enjoying it. Shelley is a real treat (I suspect she’s was a one-off character who they decided to keep), but I really don’t care for grandma, who just isn’t all that funny.

The “sex offender” episode was a good one.

I usually don’t watch much TV, but this show is rather funny and weird. If you liked My Name Is Earl, you’ll like this show as well.

Cloris Leachman’s character is not working at all for me. But the rest of the show is very nice.

Just saw a commercial saying that Jason Lee will be on next week’s episode. Not sure if it’s gonna be Earl though.

Hah, I was coming here to post the same thing. It doesn’t look like Earl, though.

I think they should dial back the Maw Maw grossness and nudity. It’s funny, but only when used sparingly.

But generally we’re loving it. Only a week or two ago did I realize that the lyrics to the theme go, “Here we go, oh oh oh; Daddy-O, oh oh oh, Birth control, no no no . . .” :smiley:

(Yesterday my younger kid reached for a sippy cup on the table. I wasn’t sure if it was hers or her sister’s, or how long it had been there, but I kind of shrugged and let her have it. Then it struck me that Burt and Virginia weren’t *bad *parents, strictly, they’re just parents who shrugged and let it go at *every *decision.)