Need help and advice cloning a cell phone

Nothing illegal going on here. I’m just tired of paying $50 a month for a land line we never use. So I bought a Dock n Talk which allows using home phones through cellular service.

Of course, for it to work the cell phone has to be plugged into it. So my thought is to clone my own phone to a cheap cell phone I buy off Ebay and plug the clone into the Dock. It’s my phone, I’m still paying the fees for the cell phone, so I see no legal issues here.

First problem, doesn’t look like the Dock supports my phone (Nokia 2720). So how hard is it to clone such a phone to a different type of phone?

Secondly, how the hell do I clone this phone? Or do I need to supply the blank phone to be cloned to in order to have it explained?

If by ‘clone’ you mean make both phones use the same cellular number - you can’t.

Best option in that case will be to add an additional cell phone via a ‘family plan’ to your existing cell plan. Typically around $10 month.

It looks like your phone has a sim card.

Just buy another phone that uses a sim card and move yours over. Perfectly legal, not even a gray area.

Or go with jasg solution and add another phone to your plan.

Are you sure about that? I’ve had a couple of people who know more about this stuff than I that it can be done. I’ve even read some things on the internet that said it can be done.

I’ll admit that I have never tried, but here is a thread at CNET that says you can’t. It may be possible outside the US. Here is the google I used.

One thing you could do is to use a Google Voice number - and tell it about your two phones. When people call the Google Voice number, both phones will ring. The downside is that you have to tell everyone to use the new GV number (they don’t allow number portability - yet…)