Insane Clown Posse's "Miracles": serious or satire?

“Water, fire, air and dirt
Fucking magnets, how do they work?
And I don’t wanna talk to a scientist
Y’all motherfuckers lying, and getting me pissed”

Full lyrics

Is this a pitch perfect imitation of anti-intellectual, science-hostile, superstitious imbeciles, or is this song actually intended to be a sincere representation of their feelings. From what I’ve seen in interviews, these guys are not bright, but am I not giving them enough credit? Have they themselves said if the song is supposed to be joke or not? This is Poe’s law in action here.

They haven’t released a serious song yet, listen to some of their others.

I heard a few of their songs and dismissed them as pop-trash.
But, then I read this article: http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/11/ff_icp/ and now, although still am not a fan, think they are more than meets the ear (so to speak).

I always thought these dudes were complete morons, but this AV Club interviewwith one gives some insight into just how completely moronic they are. It actually sort of made me feel bad for them, that overwhelming mix of pity and disgust you get from being in a Walmart in middle America or sitting in a Greyhound bus station for an hour. Anyway, relevant part:

In all seriousness, what about that statement makes you think they are morons? Because it has a spiritual element to it?

I was referring to the interview as a whole.

From that quote, it looks like they intended the song seriously, but not literally. That still doesn’t explain the “scientists” line, though.

Does this help? From the same interview (bolding mine):

So they’re morons, that doesn’t mean they’re taking everything they say in the song completely seriously. It could just be a fun, not-too-serious song without being deliberate satire or purposeful philosophical statement.

I have heard that they are actually evangelical Christians, so I can see the anti-science fitting their image. I have had zero exposure to them other than the internet memes of this song, so I can’t really say. Here’s a cite I just googled, but I can’t really find a “real” news source, so take that for what it’s worth.

Thanks. Question answered. Definitely morons.

That editorial is all conjecture.

I googled the quote, and the first link was an explanation of the mythos behind the ICP world.

It seems to me that the anti-science angle of it has more to do with being anti-intellectual than being religious. In that interview, the interviewer brings up a statement made by the singer that he wouldn’t have a problem with his children slapping their teacher.

In this interview–in which I believe they are being unintentionally hilarious–ICP confirms that they are dedicated evangelical Christians.

A quote from the interview:

Oh geez, Frylock. That was beautiful. I kept getting to a part I wanted to quote for this thread, but then I would read the next paragraph, and I would want to quote that… just perfect.