Eat Me - I'm a Danish [song parody]

After Falco’s “Rock Me Amadeus” hit in the early 80’s, I seem to remember someone had a parody song out called “Eat Me I’m a Danish” but I cannot find any reference to it.

Am I only remembering what my friends and I said at the time, or was there really a parody song (or video)?

It sounds like a Weird Al Yankovic song. He often uses food as a parody topic, like “Eat It” for “Beat It”.

However, after looking at Al’s Catalogue, I don’t see any song about Danish.

I remember it, too—female vocalist. “Ooooh—eat me, I’m a Danish.” Very funny.

Anyone remember “99 Dead Baboons,” which came out after Nena’s “99 Red Balloons?”

A quick search on http://www.google.com finds that it was Rick Dees of Weekly Top 40 Show fame that did the parody Eat Me I’m a Danish.

“99 Dead Baboons” is performed by stand-up comedian Tim Cavanaugh, who is featured regularly on the Dr. Dimento show. He’s also had such great songs as “Why Don’t We Drink Up, Chuck and Di?” and “I Wanna Kiss Her Butt…She Won’t Let Me.” And I am also a fairly big “Weird Al” fan, and can honestly say that “Eat Me-I’m a Danish” is NOT on any CD that I have ever heard. Especially if there is a female voice. Then again, he had a female singing with him on the Toni Basil parody “Hey Ricky.” So I guess stranger things have happened.

Moved to Cafe Society, and title edited to indicate subject.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

That female on “Ricky” was Tress MacNeille, voice actress (“The Simpsons”).

There was also “Rock Me, I’m a Dentist,” but I’m having a hard time nailing it down. Stay tuned.

I remember “Eat me, I’m a Danish” too.

Another song parody my Google-fu can’t come up with is a parody of Dan Baird’s “I Love You Period”.

The refrain of the original went:

I love you, period
Do you love me, question mark?
Please, please, exclamation point,
I want to hold you in parentheses

The refrain of the parody started off:

I missed my period,
am I knocked up, question mark?

And I only heard it once or twice, ca. 1993, so I don’t remember the rest.

“Rock Me, I’m a Dentist” was by Steve Cochran & The Bad Attitude Singers. Steve was a Baltimore DJ at WMKR-FM back in the mid eighties.

Czarcasm, thanks for bailing me out. You’d think being a Balto native I’d’ve known this–how embarasskin’.