What can make your body cold (in normal room temps) when you are in bed?

I lay down and I get cold. Within 10 minutes. I’m not shivering, but my hands and feet and right leg is COLD. I keep putting my hands under my rear (ahem, that’s a rear with pj pants on) to warm them up.

This has always been a “thing” (poor boyfriends and my cold toes – good thing I always wear socks!) but seems to have gotten MUCH worse the last few months. I’m in a sweatshirt right now. It is 38 degrees outside and the thermostat is set at 70 (to regulate; it’s not actively blowing out heat right now). My son is sleeping next to me and he’s in a thin t shirt and pj pants. No socks. The kid hates socks. And underwear. In about 10 minutes, all of his covers will be kicked off of him.

The default answer is circulation, and I’ve always suspected I have Raynauds since my fingers to the white tips thing when it’s actually cold out, but I’m talking whole sections of my body that are FREEZING. My fingers feel numb, it’s hard to type, and this is where I start making crappy posts at nighttime. :stuck_out_tongue:

All of the extremities are cold. Nose cold. Toes cold. Hands cold (to the ‘ow’ point). Right leg is cold and arms are cold. This can happen when I’m just sitting at a desk, but then it’s usually upper body.

I wanted to work on my quilt today, but I felt so…strained after sitting and doing an art project with my son today. (Earth Day = melted crayon recyclage fun!)
So…is this just circulation? If so, what causes that?** How do I fix it? I can’t even read in bed!! :eek:

The only other thing I can think of is that if I do kick on the heat (even if it’s just low), then I wake up with swollen and painful hands and joints! I’m 26 and feel old.

I’m putting this in GQ because I’m hoping someone has an answer that the googley gods couldn’t come up with. :frowning: I have to have some kind of syndrome/-isis/-ism thing.

I don’t think it’s a heart issue, since anything that feels like ‘heart’ is always ‘lungs’ for me re: asthma and recurring bronchitis and such. I may have muscle and be slim, but a good laugh or trotting up the stairs can be excruciating. So I’m an asthma weenie. A frozen one. :frowning:

I had a blood workup a few weeks back and nothing suggested thyroid.
::sticks hands under rear end and waits for reply::

edit: I have two duvets on my bed. One has a midweight comforter and the other a full. The mid is on my whole body and the full is on top of the mid and from waist down…otherwise I’d feel stifled.