Boogie Piano! Little Richard as a Kid?

This was sent to me with the following intro:

• The kid, regardless of whether it is *really *Little Richard - is totally amazing and fun to watch work through that boogie classic “Caledonia”

• But, really, it’s gotta be Little Richard - doesn’t it? Anyone have any backstory on this? I will look more into when I get some time over the next couple of days…

Holy hell, that’s pretty amazing. I especially like his fist-style. Sure looks and sounds like Little Richard, but I have no idea.

The doper dropzone PM’d me (only access online at the time) to state that it is Sugar Chile Robinson - links were included, which I will paste in when I’m not on a smart phone.

Nope. That film, No Leave, No Love, was from 1946, when Little Richard was about 14. According to IMDB, it wasFrank “Sugar Chile” Robinson.

Damn, I’m good. :smiley:

(Actually, there’s a link to a Wikipedia article on the movie right below the video player.)

Drat! Beaten to the punch!

He’s singing the song as a direct imitation of Louis Jordan’s original.

bump

Sugar Chile deserves a bit more attention :wink:

Besides, at that age, I think Little Richard was still a church singer and faith healer.

Sorry…it’s not Little Richard aka R Penniman. The movie is “No Leave No Love” and the kid playing Caldonia is Frank “Sugar Chile” Robinson. Here is the IMDB link…Frank 'Sugar Chile' Robinson - IMDb

And in Georgia.

And you were only beaten by 17 days! :wink: