world's successful dumb asses

who is the world’s most successful dumb ass? perhaps some info behind your thoughts. maybe a formula or rubric for how you justify your choice.

As I await a suitable definition of “successful” and “dumb ass” so I can give this more serious thought, my first kneejerk impression is Sarah Palin.

Awesome thread title, but isn’t dumbass one word? :stuck_out_tongue:

Donald Trump?

Paul Erlich. Hysterical pseudo-scientist who managed to get millions into panic over over-population when in reality the Germanic, Slavic, Latin, and East Asiatic nations are all rapidly declining in population.

This should be in IMHO

Moving to IMHO.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

In all likelihood the most successful dumbasses you’ll actually have heard of will be athletes or people in the entertainment industry - jobs where you don’t necessarily need much in the way of brains. I’ve mentioned Avril Lavigne before as I have some close sources that all agree she’s a nice enough lady but quite amazingly stupid, but Lavigne is probably not even the dumbest celebrity around.

Paul Ehrlich (note the spelling), while he may have been wrong in his predictions, is most assuredly not a dumb ass. He is a highly regarded scientist (especially for his work in genetics) and a member of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and the United States National Academy of Sciences (which don’t hand out memberships lightly).

And population may be declining in a few European countries, but it is still growing at significant rates in Latin America and eastern Asia, and growing rapidly in Asia.

Michael Vick–the guy covered himself in shit and came out smelling like a rose.

George W. Bush–mostly to deprive local liberals the pleasure of naming him, but c’mon. He’s the intellectual equivalent of the fat kid in a popular group. Nobody really likes him, but he’s just so damned pathetic they let him hang around anyway. Mostly to amuse themselves.

Those of us around here would say LeBron James.

Jean Claude Van Damme.

I don’t know if he speaks fluently English and does the same thing in this language, but over here, no humorist caricatures him. They just broadcast his interviews, which are hysterical. He typically talks of half-philosophical half new age matters in response to the most mundane questions, and not only those subjects are way above his head, but also he’s completely unable to convey whatever he wants to say and jumps from a random topic to another without transition ( in a video I just checked, the importance of being “neutral” when acting, then Adam and Eve, the benefits of eating apples, cloning, the pressure of oxygen molecules when entering water, the language of dolphins,…) resulting in a completely garbled and nonsensical discourse.

gotta wait to see how obama’s presidency turns out before i can truly name him as being successful…on the other hand he did manage to get elected so in that sense he is successful

I think you are quite wrong here. In hindsight GW Bush made several very poor decisions as President, but when he was ascendant he was quite well regarded as a solid conservative, and as much disgust as I have for him in his performance as POTUS he had very good people handling skills. He was not pathetic he was the “popular” kid.

One more vote for Trump. He got successful by failing, repeatedly, publicly and obnoxiously.

Why were Ivana, Marla, and Melania always on top?

Because all Tump can do is fuck up.

Are you seriously suggesting that Obama is a dumb arse?

Whether you like the colour of his politics or not, whether you think he’s taking the country down the correct philosophical road or not - you are, with perfect honesty, suggesting he’s stupid?

If you are, it’s you, and people like you that are the biggest problem in American politics right now.

Mark Cuban

Hollywood, USA (and likely entertainment industry world wide) is stacked with dumbasses. Sports is neck and neck with entertainment.

They both accumulate massive am’ts of wealth and consider themselves successful, yet can be even more successful for being notorious dumbasses.

But then I though of Senator John Edwards. As a lawyer, his cases were bunk. As a person, he’s a major fuck up. Talk about a world-class, successful dumbass. Damn… he might not be THE worst, but there’s someone in the mix.

While he is successful, he’s pretty much the exact opposite of a dumbass (except to bona fide dumbasses).

And I’ll agree that Trump is a certified Grade A dumbass.

To be fair, he does talk like a fag, and his shit is indeed all retarded.

Whoops - I appear to have stumbled into the Doper daycare section. My bad.

George W Bush was the first person to jump into my mind. He did a good job of surrounding himself with competent people, but he was definitely a dumbass. And became leader of the most powerful country in the world.