Will there be gravity in heaven?

Does the bible give any clues as to weather or not there will be any gravity in heaven? I’m wondering, because that may explain why angels have wings…

In that case presumably they’d also have a second pair of hands instead of feet. Quaddie angels!

Why is that?

I don’t know what the Bible has to say about gravity; but I DO know that there better NOT be gravity in heaven or else there’s going to be a whole lot of saggy-boobed women feeling eternally let down. :frowning:

It’s much easier to just have superboobs than to rearrange your environment for zero gravity. The lack of gravity also isn’t that flattering for grandma tits anyway.

Trust me, I did my thesis on this subject.

Sci-fi joke.

Well, if heaven is a “forever and ever, unto eternity” kinda place, the laws of thermodynamics won’t apply, so I’m not sure it’s safe to assume anything about the law of gravity.

Satan fell to Earth. You may end the thread now.

GalacTech has subsidiaries in Heaven?

Did he fall in the real sense or did he fall (from grace)

What if he was thrown (towards the Earth which caught him up in the gravitational pull) and he now can’t leave?

He might be you. Or Obama

So much for gravity. What about gravitas?

All I know is there better be some good gravy!

Here are some verses that shed some light:

Though it may be falling as in a space object caught in the gravity of the planet:

I do personally believe there is some gravity, but much less then here.

Yes.

Unlikely. The men who wrote the story thought that the sky was a solid dome covering the Earth. They certainly didn’t possess the knowledge to come up that version of the story.

I can say, at least, that it isn’t me. Although, I suppose I’d say that either way.

When it says the streets were paved by Silver, that was an acknowledgment of the engineering! :smiley:

===

In all seriousness, for anyone whose theology has moved beyond “God is like Grampa, only more so” or 'If God is omnipotent, can He make a stone so big and heavy that He can’t move it?", Heaven is supposed to be, after bodily death, in the beatific, utterly fulfilling state of spiritual communion and immediate presence of an illimitable God who nonetheless knows and loves you individually and personally. May I request that, without making an assertion about the objective reality of that premise, it nonetheless be accepted as the accurate concept of what Heaven purportedly is? I.e., that concept may be debated and shot down by skeptical analysis, but bringing up the wingety spirits with harps sitting on clouds bit is erecting a strawman. The Biblical and Patristic descriptions of Heaven as a place with gold battlements and onyx walls are metaphorical for the illimitable richness which Christians saw in that concept.

Hence assertions about Heaven as place and inquiries about its gravity, escape velocity, etc., are as absurd as asking the mass of the speed of light or the temperature of evolution. In Heaven there is no beer – but you get high on God instead. That this may not have been some people['s thing was blithely ignored by the conceptualizers of Heaven.

I’d say that doesn’t really matter that the men writing didn’t understand astrophysics. God would be giving it to them in a way that they could understand and also in a way that people with other knowledge would understand.

No. GalacTech is a subsidiary of Hell. (So is Jackson’s Whole.) Cite: Bujold, L.M., The Destructive Testing of Habitat Engineers, sometimes published as Falling Free :slight_smile:

Is that why the Bible is completely wrong on many, if not all of its claims about the natural world?

They thought the sky was a rock dome. That’s not a metaphor for primitives. That’s a guess that primitives made because they didn’t have the requisite knowledge to make up a more believable story. That doesn’t mean they’re stupid. It means they were ignorant.

It certainly suggests they weren’t guided by a deity that actually knew what did happen.

Dylan, of course, has the final word on this:

Now we know better.

It’s Thunder.