Motion sickness poll

Do you ever get, or have you ever had motion sickness?

Riding as a passenger in a car, for more then 20 minutes will result in motion sickness. I drive myself just about everywhere, instead of riding with others. One of my earliest memories is throwing up in the back seat during a family trip.

Really bad in a Helicopter once. I’m usually okay in a boat, unless unusually rough.

Generally only if I try to read in a moving vehicle for more than a minute or two. I’ve had it a few times in a boat on choppy waters, or in a car in the mountains with a crazy person driving.

Yup, except for me only if I read in a car. I can usually read on buses just fine. Go figure.

Never-perfectly at home on a roller coaster, boat swaying on the waves, or a high-performance automobile.

I get sick on boats if it’s a long trip. Stormy seas don’t give it to me, as my bod seems to think it’s a free rollercoaster and loves it, but long, continuous rolling waves have me heaving after a few hours. But not before then.

I get motion sickness doing almost everything. Driving in a car I’m almost always OK, but reading even while the car isn’t moving will make me nauseous pretty quickly if the engine is on. I can’t read on any sort of moving vehicle, planes included, and being on any sort of waves at all, even in a big boat on a calm sea, is a recipe for trouble. If I can’t look out the window on a bus/train/plane/etc., I will probably get sick at some point during the trip, making subways a fairly unpleasant form of transportation for me. Spinning rides are awful, especially if they involve going upside down. Even paragliding made me motion sick. I’m pretty pathetic that way.

I don’t get motion sickness generally (I can read in a car and all forms of transport) but I rode the Maverick at Cedar Point and it fucked me up good for the rest of the day. My head got knocked around quite a bit before I figured out the way to brace myself so I think I might have been mildly concussed, not motion sick per se. I was able to ride other high-G coasters, such as the Millenium Force, without trouble as long as I rested in between rides.

I get VR-sick though. Playing first person games makes me totally dizzy and nauseous, unlike actual motion!

I didn’t know motion sickness was a real thing until I got to college. I seriously thought it was just something funny made up for Looney Toons!

I have gotten in it the car (and bus, and train) my entire life unless I look out the window steadily. If I try to read, watch tv, or otherwise focus my eyes on anything within the car, I am nauseous within 2-3 minutes.

I can cheat by putting a blanket over my head and reading with a flashlight, though!

I’ve never gotten motion sick on a boat, ride, or from spinning (one of my favorite things to do as a kid was get dizzy, sometimes for hours). I am fine in windowless vehicles as well.

Inside 10 seconds of reading in a car.

Plus; microfiche and hand-held-camera movies.

If it moves, then I can get motion sickness while riding in it. Especially if I try to read or look at a map.

Although I haven’t had too much trouble in something like a pontoon boat or a ski boat on a lake.

I got it as a kid, usually when I read while in a car. I learned that fresh air fixed it and haven’t had it for 45 years.

If you get motion sickness, a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon is not a good idea.

I dunno if I have what you would call motion sickness. If I start reading something or I’m just in a vehicle for a long time, I get a bad headache and feel very slightly nauseous, but I’m never in threat of puking. It’s just uncomfortable.

My kindergarten playground had one of those sit-in-the-bucket-and-spin-yourself-around rides.

I now call them breakfast refunders.

I can’t read in cars and be on a boat. I can’t even stand on a landing stage in front of a slightly rocking boat. It makes me nauseous.

I’m fine in roller coasters, though.

I’m not crazy! Just a little off ;).

My kids think it’s hysterical but lately I’ve been known to get motion sickness at the pool. Once we’ve been there a while, I start feeling quite queasy. Maybe I’ve swallowed too much chlorine or something.

I can do roller coasters but not anything that goes round and round. The tea cups? forget it!