Who are the best QI regular panelists?

Poll coming.

I’ve limited it to those appearing more than 9 times. Arbitrary, I guess, but it seemed about right. Stephen Fry does not count, as he is the host.

Shoot. It should include Bill Bailey, too.

Mods, please feel free to edit the poll and add Bill Bailey. I left him off accidentally.

I like most of the regulars. The only glaring exception is that I don’t care for Jo Brand. IMO she’s too predictable, which is especially glaring on a show like QI. I think it was the last time she was on, she got the klaxons three or four times for making jokes that the staff anticipated.

Hmm I very much like Sean Lock, his stand up I don’t find so funny actually but on QI I find him hilarious, he’s much better suited to that format.

Oh and Bill Bailey is excellent, the worst I reckon is, maybe Rich Hall, I find him a little awkward and for some reason Stephen reacts differently to him than the other panellists, if you’ve noticed?

Jeremy Clarkson, should not be on the poll imo. I can’t stand him.

I’m not sure Alan Davies should be in this poll–he’s as much an essential part of the show as Stephen Fry.

That said, I went with Alan, Rich Hall, and David Mitchell. I adore Rich Hall’s deadpan and Mitchell’s rants, but I’m seldom disappointed with any of the regulars.

I agree, but he appeared enough to warrant entry. I rather assume he’s the “loser” of the poll.

My favorite is David Mitchell, by the way. I also like Johny Vegas, who only has appeared a few times, but is highly memorable.

It was a toss up between David Mitchell and Dara O’Briain. In the end I went with David Mitchell.

ETA: I’m not sure Alan Davies should be on the list, since he’s in every episode. But not my poll, so not my decision.

I like Phill Jupitus and David Mitchell the most, I think, though there have been a few of the newer, less regulars that I like, such as Sandi Toksvig.

Whuffo’ no linky to the excellent “I love Q.I.” thread from a couple of months ago?

And I voted for all my faves plus the “Other” category so I could mention Bill Bailey and Sandi Toksvig.

Adding to the love for Sandi Toksvig.

Phil Jupitus isn’t tremendously funny on his own but he usually manages to get a reaction from Stephen, which is good enough to qualify as one of my favorites. Dara O’Briain is just excellent - he’s got the experience to understand what makes panel shows really work, and IMO he always perks up the show.

And Alan Davies is definitely as essential to the show as Stephen Fry. I don’t think either of them could be replaced without fundamentally changing the show. You’ve got to be smart and quick on your feet to manage to play that dumb.

Well, top of my list has to be Bill Bailey. (Saw him in NYC last month-the most I’ve laughed in years.)

Dara Ó Briain would be next as I adore him. I also think David and Jimmy are great. And Phil. And I’m a fan of Sandi Toksvig as well.
It’s so hard to choose!

I voted “David Mitchell” (who I also love for his short rants show) and “Other” for Bill Bailey.

Personally I find Rich Hall hilarious. The Otis Lee Crenshaw schtick is a bit annoying but he’s good on QI, and every day that takes him further away from Sniglets is a blessing.

And Dara Ó Briain is funny everywhere.

You do realize that was my thread also, right?

Remember, folks, you can vote for multiple people. I voted for at least 5 or 6 of them.

David is also funny on Would I Lie to You.

Her deck chair story does make me laugh, though. I feel so bad for her, but she has a good sense of humor about her weight.

Oh, I know - and also Mitchell and Webb. But the reason I love him on QI is his rants, which the Soapbox is more of.

Love the soapbox ones.

Is the Mitchell and Webb Look show funny? I see it is on Netflix instant viewing and am curious about it.

I found myself wanting to click nearly everybody so I arbitrarily decided to restrict myself to 4.

David Mitchell
Rich Hall
Dara O’ Briain
Sean Lock

I’d have probably put Sandi Toksvig instead of Sean Lock if she were in the poll, or if I could have remembered her name before reading other posters responses.

She’s ok. I don’t look forward to any episodes with her, though. She has made me laugh a few times.

There are new Would I Lie to You episodes, by the way, folks. I youtubed them(but won’t link to them).