Does anybody know what happened to actress Frances Conroy's eye?

Frances Conroy- probably best known for Six Feet Under- plays (one half of) the creepy maid on American Horror Story. In that role she’s obviously blind in one eye, a situation later explained in a flashback when you learn that Jessica Lange’s character shot her through the eye
but, while the odd eye is enhanced in that role, something is apparently wrong with the eye in real life. In other recent roles that have nothing to do with horror the eye is clearly different from the other one.

Does anybody know if she had an accident or a stroke or other illness that either damaged or caused her to lose her right eye?

Recent picswhere she’s not in makeup or playing a character.

When American Horror Story started, I read up on the actors on IMDB and it was mentioned on the discussion boards that she has eyes of two differing colors AND that she was in an accident and has had surgeries on one of her eyes. That’s all I know from a brief glance.

Whatever the official reason, I’m guessing the truth is closer to “She learned the hard way that James Cromwell is tired of ‘That’ll do pig’ jokes.”

After you figure that one out I’m still going nuts trying to figure out what happened to David Boreanaz’ jaw/lip/cheek.

Looks like bad cateracts, but you’d think if that’s all it was, she would’ve had it removed.

If you go to pics 12-21 they show pics from 2004 and 2006. Both her eyes look normal there.

I’ll go out on a limb here and say “plastic surgery.”

Seriously, he looks younger now than he did in the first season of Angel.

No this is not a good, it’s a bad. Something is wrong with it. Or was wrong and got fixed badly. for the past couple of years it has looked as though he’s got cotton stuffed down inside his lip on the right. And it’s driving me nuts, especially because there is no acknowledgement of it anywhere.

If you dig deep enough on Google, you can find pictures of here where both of her eyes look the same, completely normal. So, something DEFINITELY happened to her eye and in “American Horror Story,” they TOTALLY have something happen to her that explains it: {spoiler alert} she actually gets murdered by getting shot right in that eye! It’s totally awesome! Which makes me wonder if she ever got shot in the eye. However, if she did, she’d probably be dead, so, I don’t know. But, man, if anyone every figures out what happened to her eye, then let me know.

for those who dont wanna dig
http://www.exposay.com/frances-conroy-16th-annual-glaad-media-awards-honoring-liza-minnelli/p/9437/1/?f=Frances+Conroy