What is the Tea Party up to?

I haven’t heard anything about them primarying against any Pub incumbents this year, nor turning out to campaign for them either. Of course, it’s very early for the latter anyway. But has the TP given any sign of showing any presence yet for this cycle? Any hint of what kind?

This article might be some place to start:

They’re active. They’re doing a lot in Indiana, where they’re campaigning for Mourdock. They’re also trying to get rid of Hatch in Utah.

There are seriously people for whom Orrin Hatch is not conservative enough?! (With Richard Lugar, I can understand, the gun-rights people must hate him and so must the warhawks.)

Tea Party people hate Orrin Hatch. He voted for TARP, and he’s got a long tradition of bipartisanship and working with Democrats on stuff.

Interesting conclusions:

Apparently, the Tea Party focusing is on the Senate this year.

The Tea Party: Because MORMONS just aren’t conservative enough. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now Boehner isn’t conservative enough.

Despite this, yet! (Some people are never satisfied . . .)

Wait, so, if they want to put the thing about pre-existing conditions back in, but with the mandate gutted, what stops the system from collapsing? Are they just trying to blackmail the insurance companies or something?

Don’t worry; the all-knowing invisible hand of the market will take care of it perfectly, if that dadgum government will just get out of the way.

Ah, here’s what the Tea Party is up to this year: Voter suppression! (True the Vote is an outgrowth of a Texas TP organization, the King Street Patriots.)

My Tea Party Facebook friends are leaving cryptic messages such as “Pay no attention to the man in front of the curtain. Everything is going as planned.”

And, no, I don’t know what they mean.

Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes.

The crow flies at midnight.

A wet duck never flies at night.

In women’s tennis, I always root against the heterosexual.

My cat’s breath smells like cat fo-- no, that’s overused.

When come back, bring p-- nah, that’s no good either.

Hmmm.

C’mon over here, baby and lick the side of my neck the way I like.

The caged whale knows nothing of the mighty deeps.

There are no good white basketball players.