In modern day America, we all live on the streets and eat coffee made from snow!

I just wanted to share this accurate and heart rending video by the brave people of North Korea showing the plight of the American people, who are so poor they live in tents, have eaten all the birds (according to the video, the last birds will be eaten on Tuesday…which is good to know, since I thought it was going to be on Thursday and would have missed out! :eek:), and have to drink coffee handed out from the government that’s made of snow (I thought it was actually artificial snow and Birch bark, but obviously I’ve been tricked by US government propaganda), while we all live in tents with holes in them. The only good thing is that everyone in the US thinks that coffee made of snow is ‘yummy’, so there is a silver lining at least.

Anyway, I know you all really want to see the truth (though how you will see it when none of us have computers, and only sit around under advertisements for expensive ‘computers’ made by Dell is a bit of a mystery), so here it is…enjoy. And give some thought to the horrible plight of the majority of US citizens who have to live in such conditions. Perhaps some of our European 'dopers (or any North Korean 'dopers, better yet, as they would be the best able to help) could put together some care baskets for all of us poor, homeless, snow coffee drinking 'dopers to help a brother or sister out?? :frowning:

ETA: And yes, I meant ‘eat coffee made of snow’, since that’s what they said. I think the soup is also made of snow as well that we get as handouts from our government (that and bird, when we still had birds in our trees), so perhaps ‘eat’ goes with that instead of the coffee…

“This man awaits heroin.” Priceless. It’s got to be fake, but it’s hilarious.

I can’t wait until summer. I really need to cut down on caffeine!

Now excuse me while I go eat one of the last birds. On white bread. With mayo made of rain.

Watch the truth about how American live today.

And you thought the birds just flew south for the winter…

Yeah, I agree…if for no other reason than who in North Korea who would actually believe that sort of crap COULD watch the thing? If they have the means to watch an internet video then they wouldn’t believe it, and if they would believe something so ridiculous then they wouldn’t have the means. It was pretty funny though.

That said, the nuke American dream sequence thingy WAS, afaik, an official NK video, so you never know. :wink:

In Modern Day America, birds eat YOU!

On Tuesday.

Totally fake. Avery Jessup wasn’t in it.

Did anybody pick up on the former Republican candidate? The video isn’t that good, was it Mitt?

Anyway, many of the things in the video are accurate outside of the fact that they are exceptions as opposed to being common. But what’s the point? Except for an elite minority in NK it’s still better conditions than they have.

Would North Korea actually refer to itself as “North Korea”, rather than “The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea”?

What they don’t tell you is that coffee made of snow is just the latest foodie craze. We can’t stand coffee made from coffee beans and water anymore; that’s used in our toilets.

Merged two threads on the topic.

Are the North Korean people really falling for that kind of propaganda, are they kept that much in the dark by their government that they would not know any better?

All this gloom and doom and government handouts… you sure this isn’t the latest GOP propaganda?

We just had a pretty strong downfall of snow here, so I’m rushing outside to get me some fresh coffee! And if that rooster stalks me and gives me the evil eye again, I might just be having me some of that bird everyone’s been talking about.

I have been to the DPRK and if this is fake, it is a very good one. Reality does not apply in the DPRK. We visited the tomb of Kim Il Sung and were told that the sparkles in the granite floor were “the tears of all the world’s people as they wept for the fallen Leader… preserved in stone for all eternity.”… and of course the world came to a standstill. :wink:

The answer is that they ARE kept in the dark (both literally and figuratively…I’m on the road, but do a google search on NASA photos of all of Korea from space at night the night sky, and compare and contrast the North to the South to get an idea of how bad it is), and that they would fall for this (hell, this would be minor compared to some of the whoppers that their government tells them), but that it’s probably a fake or parody. For one thing, as I said earlier, not very many people in North Korea would even have the ability to watch a video like this…which says a lot about how great things are there…so it would be wasted effort for the NK government do bother with it. There would be no point outside of local NK public consumption, and they couldn’t consume it.

Whenever the subject of N. Korea comes up, I feel compelled to link to Hitchens article on his visit there. According to Mr. Hitchens, the average N. Korean is 6 inches shorter than his S. Korean counterpart.Kim Jong-il's regime is even weirder and more despicable than you thought.

There are actually a lot of such pictures. Here are some.

North Koreans do have access to television and since all broadcasts are controlled by the government there is no reason the DPRK can’t broadcast on TV the videos they choose to post on the internet.

In a related note, the DPRK also posts on-line their official party newspaper in English, presumably for the benefit of those outside their Juche Paradise. I’ve also noticed it’s not always available, maybe they turn it off at night with the lights?

I can’t tell you how much it pisses me off every time I see my tax dollars wasted on Guvment snow coffee trucks for the poor and homosexual :mad: I’m so mad I’m gonna go shoot some children.

Probably not, but whoever translated it into English might have changed it so it was clear to the rest of us which Korea supposedly released this video.