Please help crowdfund my Steampunk short film

Hey there

I have permission from the Mods to post this here. I’m looking to crowdfund my first short film via IndieGogo, to get it complete and out and about, and also to keep me alive while I finish it up.

It’s a Steampunk film called Eleanor Xandler, Temporal Detective, about a heroic noblewoman who tries to prevent her friend Professor Gambit from completing an experiment that may tear the fabric of space-time. It’s got an airship, electric weapons, and cool costumes, set in a Victorian-influenced alternative universe.

It’s only a brief few minutes long, but has a lot of digital post-production involved because I shot the entire thing on greenscreen. I have had to painstakingly create the backgrounds using 3D graphics all by myself. Fun, but challenging and time-consuming.

I’m not asking for a large amount of money, I want to my goal to be reachable, but it is a testbed to see if we can feasibly fund future, more ambitious projects.

It would be great if anyone could help me out, if not by donating yourself then at least by spreading it around to as many people and places as possible.

:slight_smile:

Well, this is disappointing, I was hoping for a better response than this.

Bumping this in the hope that some of you guys will spread the link around to help me out.

I gave you a couple bucks. I wish you luck.

Thank you, sir! Much appreciated.

I only need ten contributions a day to reach my goal. It seems simple, but it’s harder to drum that up than I expected.

I kicked in $20. My daughter likes steam punk and would enjoy the download.

I chipped in as well. I’m partial to steampunk and crowdfunding.

Yippee! Thanks folks. Now we’re cooking.

I’m putting together a webpage that has more specific details of the film, with more images, so I’ll link to that when it’s ready.

Here’s a link to the Eleanor Xandler webpage, where I go into slightly more detail about the making of the movie.

I added a new perk to my Crowdfunding Campaign in Indiegogo. It’s a daybill poster, around 30 inches tall. This is additional to the full scale A2 sized poster already on another perk.

Another hopeful bump, as the campaign nears its end but I haven’t gotten too far. Please contribute! It doesn’t have to be much, 20 people giving $25 dollars is more likely than 250 people giving $10, but it all adds up.

I’m getting rather anxious now.

I gave you $20. Don’t tell my wife! :eek:

I admire anyone who puts this much work into something, and am happy to contribute. :slight_smile:

But seriously… Don’t tell my wife. :smiley:

Also, remember me when you hit it big. :wink:

Thanks :slight_smile: I’ll mention you all, individually, by name, in my autobiography. Just don’t show your wife.

On the positive said, I’ve heard a lot of these campaigns pick up at the end. Apparently some people like to wait.

$25 donated.

This deserves to be finished, and I wish you well with the project.

Last Days! Roll Up, Roll Up! Fund a Seampunk short film! Step this way to see an exciting adventure full of thrills, spills, and chills!* Be amazed by the fantastic cloudscapes! Be mesmerised by the incredible performances! Be dazzled by the machine that walks and talks like a man! Be excited by how a brief storyline can suggest such an epic world!**

Just a paltry sum of a few spare dollars, pounds, Euros, or bars of gold-pressed latinum is all it will take! Surely you can spare what is barely the price of a lunch!

*Item may not contain spills or chills
**Well, it impresses me

Nifty! I’m a fan of Victoriana (though not specifically steampunk) and your project seems lovely and ambitious! FWIW I’ve tweeted about the film to my followers, who are few but include several steampunk fiction fans and authors (who may do likewise). Good luck!

Outstanding :slight_smile: Thank you.

In the interests of full disclosure, though, you might want to check out this controversial thread.