If you were on death row, what would be your last meal?

If you were on death row, what would be your last meal? Since Most states allow the meal to cost up to $50, that will be the budget to keep in mind for this question.

Fettucine alfredo with roasted red peppers and smoked salmon. Garlic bread on the side. Caesar salad also on the side. A big gooey brownie for dessert. Chilled milk to wash it all down.

An ekiben. Since they cost around 1,000 yen, that’s clearly within the budget. (And I’d want it properly fresh, so I might need to be sent to Japan.)

Good question! I would ask for Tournedos Rossini, with a side of every drug and booze known to man. I might as well get to try them before departing this place, especially as I’m innocent.

About thirty bran muffins and a head of cabbage. Maybe a dozen asparagus spears. Oh, and some really garlicky salami.

That way they’ll remember me after I’m gone.

And maybe outlaw the death penalty.

I would personally have some country fried steak smothered with gravy, sweet peas covered in butter, green beans salted and covered in garlic, corn on the cob and a milkshake

I’d probably have lobster, lima beans, and a baked potato, with chocolate mousse for dessert. Should be under $50 easily, especially with lobster prices these days.

I think it is more punishment to a criminal to keep them alive in prison then to end their life. I realized that after watching this documentary. Yeah the death penalty might give closure to victims but life in prison is cheaper and the inmate will eventually die in prison anyways.

Final meal requests from death row prisoners in texas.

Oddly fascinating.

A few are interesting:

Don’t want to damage his health?

I would actually ask for some Wild Turkey 101 over a meal.

Oysters and a porterhouse.

Chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes, with lots of gravy, fresh green beans with butter and garlic salt, dark chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.

Barbecued Dodo bird with a side of deep fried trilobites

I’ll wait…

You want those trilobites squashed long and narrow or short and fat?

Whatever takes longer :wink:

I am a vegetarian, but I would ask for the following foods to be presented to me in the following order:

A hot dog roasted on the rollers in the back of a convenience store
A filet mignon with Bearnaise sauce
A piece of fried chicken with nothing but flour, salt and pepper in the coating
A tuna salad sandwich on white toast spread with mayonnaise
Two pieces of white toast with loads of cold butter

For my beverage, I would like a room temperature bottle of seltzer water, five ice cold glasses of Stella Artois and a hot chai latte for sipping.

Oh and for dessert I want basic creme brulee.

Might as well go for the fugu.

I’d go with my ethnic heritage. Matzo ball soup, potato latkes, pastrami, on rye with mustard, sour pickles and nutella hamentaschen washed down with kedem grape juice and some ice cold seltzer.

Chopped salad with grilled chicken, bacon, blue cheese, and raspberry vinaigrette
½ dozen raw oysters on ice with mignonette, lemon slices and tabasco
Porterhouse grilled medium rare with mushrooms
Steak fries
Grilled asparagus
Creamed spinach
Maine lobster tail with drawn butter
One wafer thin mint

No way would I be able to eat at a time like that! I’m about to die for chrissakes. To say my appetite would be affected by the circumstances would be putting it mildly. Give me a bottle of tequila for my last meal.