I don't see how you can leave God out of this conflict in Syria

I don’t see how you can leave God out of this conflict in Syria … if this is a red flag to bring up God then excuse me …!

Syria has a God, each warring faction in the rebel war against the preset regime in Syria has a God. Iran has a God that is the same as the Saudi’s it’s just a small religious spat on how to worship as a true Muslim should. Iran by the way is aligned with the Assad and his military defense of Syria.

Israel has a God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The good ole USA has a God, the son of God most high, Jesus, of which the Jewish nation of Israel denies that he is who he says he is.

Russia and China, for the most part, have no God and they along with Iran are against any military action in Syria that would punish Syria for the use of chemical warfare weapons against it’s own people, going so far as to say that it was not President Assad that did this horrible deed.

I heard a prophecy given three months ago that we should forgive the US Congress while we still can. At first I thought oh this has something to do with President Obama’s health care plan to be put into service by January or something to do with the budget crisis looming in October I thought.

Then I remembered the prophecy:

While some believe and some do not believe in a God that fought and won WWII … I am among the believers. This prophecy is not a red flag to discuss heaven or hell or a God or no God, but simply another way to see that God is in charge even if America makes a mistake like it did in Vietnam, God is still in charge of what men think.

It is entirely possible that the US Congress will deny the use of armed forces in Syria, but if they do let President Obama get away with the fence sitting he has been doing and we do attack Syria … it can only back Syria and their Allies Russia, China and Iran deeper into a corner. They have limited options to fight back, but every single option will draw us closer and closer to world confrontation.

I personally would like to see more humanitarian aid given to the ten’s of thousands including one million children that have fled Syria. Do you realize that President Obama has refused to give the rebels gas mask, but yet wants to bomb the enemy into submission?

I didn’t trust this President when he was elected.
I didn’t trust him when he ran up the national debt.
I didn’t trust him with his health care plan for all taking 500 billion dollars away from Medicare …

I don’t trust President Obama now

Have you spoken to Athena directly on this issue?

How is this different than any other conflict where most of the combatants worship the same God? Sure, they all claim that He’s on their side, but at least most (and probably all) of them are wrong.

Here’s a hint, by the way: Allah is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who is also the God of Christianity. Just in case you didn’t already realize that.

What’s the topic of this thread, again?

GodFights II, eclectic boogaloo.

It was the “Obama” bit that threw me.

(Bolding mine.)

Think of all the time you’d have saved yourself and everyone else having to read your OP if you’d just written the above.

You also don’t know what you’re talking about.

First, countries don’t have gods, the people who reside there believe in a god, or do not, and whether or not someone believes in a god has nothing to do with why a country’s government may choose to intervene, or not, in the Syrian conflict.

Obama actively making a case for military action for the past two weeks must be a definition of “fence sitting” that I’ve never heard of.

Cite that Obama has refused to give the rebels gas masks.

Yeah, you don’t trust Obama, and I have a suspicion that it has nothing to do with the reasons you stated.

Actually, the following is better…

When Moses was directed by God to lead his people out of Egypt Moses said, “Whom shall I say sent me”?

God said, “I am the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob” then he said, “and that is my name forever”

God of Abraham does not include the god of the Muslims, nor the god they believe will return to save them, due to the next name being Isaac, the child of promise and from his wife Rebecca came the twins Esau and Jacob.

God has said over and over again that, “Esau I do hate … it is Jacob that I do love”

This does not even include Sarah’s handmaiden’ child Ishmael of which God said of him I will raise a great nation too, perhaps that is where they worship someone named Allah, uh?

Wars and rumors of wars, but the end is not yet in sight …

I am under the impression you are trying to say something.
Can’t figure out what, though.

How is the ‘prophecy’ you heard ‘propetic’ ? what is it fortelling?

Seems like its the standard ‘scare tactic’ used by most religions to keep the ‘faithful’ (aka ‘blind’) in line.

Secondly - a ‘prophecy’ like "wars and rumors of wars’ is useless since it applies to all of history -

Lastly - when that line was first quoted - the individuals listening were told that the end was to happen while they still lived - since it didnt, seems that the ‘prophecy’ is not worth considering.

Cited:
News about Obama Denies Gas Mask For Syria

Bing News Wow: Obama Denied Gas Masks to Syrian Opposition For a Year
Townhall.com·6 days ago As President Obama gets ready to drop bombs over Syria, the Daily Beast’s Josh Rogin just dropped a major bombshell. According to his exclusive report,…

Report: U.S. refused to supply Syrian groups gas masks
USA Today·6 days ago
Syria,
USA Today7 days ago
Aug 29, 2013 · The Obama administration declined to send Syrian opposition groups gas masks and other chemical-weapons protection …

Stunner: 'Obama Denied Gas Masks to Syrian Opposition For a …
beforeitsnews.com › Opinion - Conservative
(Before It’s News) ‘Syrian opposition groups have been asking for gas masks and chemical-weapons protection gear for more than a year — and the Obama …
Rumor: Obama says no to gas masks for Syria

Rumor: Obama refused to send gas masks to Syria
MSN News6 days ago
Did the Obama administration really deny a request for gas masks in Syria that might have saved the lives of poisoned Syrians?

Wow, what an extraordinary Opening Post.

I’d like to focus in on this tidbit:

These two short paragraphs raise all sorts of questions:

1. Who made this ‘prophecy?’ What is their general track record in the prediction of future events?
  2. If you don’t have any idea what eactly was being predicted, how can it be a prophecy at all?
  3. What would be the point of forgiving Congress for doing, er, something, at some unknown time in the future, if you have no idea what that something might be?
  4. God made the US make mistakes in Viet Nam, or God let the US make mistakes in Viet Nam? If the latter, how does doing nothing constitute ‘being in charge’?

Any clarification you could provide on what seems (sorry) a rather incoherent set of statements would be greatly appreciated.

Prophecy is a warning … many warnings are in the bible and many prophecies have yet to come true from Daniel to Revelations.

the prophecy about wars and rumors of wars is not for the present day people that heard the prophecy, but was instead a warning not to believe in the end, but that this was to be a sign for the end even as the fig leaves on a fig tree is a sign that figs are suppose to be there.

Gods warning s are not for the stubborn people, but for the humble people to heed.

So, you’re unwilling or unable to tell us precisely what prophecy you heard? You’d think God would want these prophecies to be well distributed, being warnings and all.

You’re using a different definition of ‘prophecy’ than is generally accepted - or atleast in the context of your post.

WRT the ‘prophecy’ for wars/rumors of wars - yeah - thats the current fanwank for sure - but the statement as recorded is

Sinc that generation has passed away, then that prophecy is not only unfullfilled, it is a ‘false’ prophecy.

If Gods warnings are only for those that will heed Gods warnings, they seem more than a little superfluous - and since the warnings have never came to pass except in the vaguest sense, they are entirely useless.

God isn’t the one fighting and dying in Syria.

The quote marks were correctly in place … especially “trust the Lord”

It was short and that is all I can tell you …

You missed this one too for how can one unbeliever read every post:

Yeah, it’s a big controversy. A lot of people say God was assigned to land on the Easy Red sector of Omaha Beach on D-Day, but the records have been lost and while some say they saw him there, there isn’t any photographic evidence. It gets even more complicated, since German soldiers had Gott mit uns inscribed on their belt buckles, bringing up the question of just who’s side God was on anyway, and could he have been a traitor or a double agent.

Well that’s cos he’s a Muslim.