What did Vicky Lawrence say??

I was watching that Blooper show last night and once again saw the “classic” scene from the Carol Burnett show. Tim Conway had broken up the cast by going on about a pair of Siamese elephants. When Carol tries to get the skit back on track Vicky Lawrence says "Did you “BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!” which breaks up the cast and audience to the extreme. I didn’t think it was terribly funny but figured it was because I don’t know what she said. Does anyone know what she actually said?

Didn’t she say, “Is the little **** finished?” or “If the little **** is finished” or something like that? CB had said it was her turn in the game.
I assumed she said “little shit.”

Years ago I saw the unedited version of that skit. It was a rental of 'T.V.‘s Best Bloopers’ or some such thing. Damn funny, I might add, seeing the bloopers as they should be seen.

Anyrate, Kinsey is on the right track. I remember her saying, “Is that little fucker done yet?”. Not uproarious, in my opinion, but still funny.

And let me just add that Dick Clark really needs to retire already. Jesus he’s bad. I love these ‘blooper’ shows but find myself unable to watch the Dick Clark versions. Does this jackass need to talk through every single mistake? Does he need to explain to the audience what is funny and what isn’t? Does he need to pump the laugh track so much that you can’t hear what the studio or talent is saying in the mistake? Do I really need an over-dub of Dick’s forced laughter in every single take?

Give it a rest already Dick!!! It’s funny enough without your insessant set-ups, laugh tracks, and explanations on what to look for, "Oh look at her laugh. She’s laughing because she can’t say the line right. Ha Ha ha. Isn’t that funny!?! Look at the others try to control themselves. TEE HHEE. Now watch, she’s about to trip… right now! HAA HAAAA. Oh man that’s funny! :: Is that what the cue card says? :: "

The man can ruin anything.

:: Ready clapping audio. Take audio. ::

Thank you. I feel much better now.

:: Bring to full clap. Wrap audio. ::

Not a direct answer to this question, since I think it’s already been answered … but perhaps a thought to make the OP reconsider the question of why it was funny.

The line itself that Vicky used was not, in my opinion, what was so funny. The cast was trying desperately not to laugh – to salvage the scene. When Vicky used an “unbroadcastable” word, the need to suppress laughter bottled up from Tim’s story was over. Vicky’s line was, to put it in cliched terms, the straw that broke the camel’s back.

And Cnote Chris, I couldn’t agree with you more! It was wonderfully put.

Her name is VICKI Lawrence.

As opposed to Vikki Edie, the well-known Lounge Singer.

RedBette

She said, with apologies to anyone with sensitive eyes and ears, (in character, no less, after holding it together even after everyone else on the set but Tim Conway had lost it), “Are you sure that little @$$hole’s through?” Which caused Conway to finally lose it. ;-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqE_WmagjY

The back story behind the skit in an interview with Lawrence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA7bxTc0AJw

Moderator Action

Moving thread from General Questions to Cafe Society (which didn’t exist when this thread was created).

Also, please note that this thread is about a decade and a half old. Many of the original thread participants may no longer be around to respond to new posts on the topic.

Nor is Dick Clark.

There was a rumor goin’ around that Dick Clark and the OP were lovers…

THAT!! was funny. Thank you, I really needed that tonight. Seeing Tim and Dick both fall off the sofa was hilarious.

snerkle

StG

I’m taking up a collection for the Fund to Humanely Separate Siamese Elephants.

No Can Do.

Now if it was the Fund to Humanely Separate Siamese Zombie Elephants, I would be all-in!

Count me out, unless you’re also developing an extra-long artificial elephant trunk where monkeys can go to dance the merengue.

Oh, won’t someone think of the merengue-dancing monkeys!

“Snorf!”

silenus raises an excellent point, it would be a good idea to implant some sort of pressure-relief valve in the joined elephant trunk, for when one of them sneezes. I’m not totally heartless. Just as long as it doesn’t interfere with the dancing.

But there’s one sound
that no one knows
What did Vicki Lawrence say?

Bleep-bleep-bleep-bleepdeebleep!
Bleep-bleep-bleep-bleepdeebleep!

It must be tricky to carry on a love affair with a bodiless head-in-a-jar.

This elephant skit is making the rounds on Facebook. A classic! If you need a laugh, watch and enjoy. I dare you not to laugh. Tim Conway, Carol Burnett, Vicki Lawrence, and Dick Van Dyke in a great skit. Tim Conways has them all laughing, and then Vicki Lawrence gets tem all in the end.