Game of Thrones 4.02 "The Lion and the Rose" 4/13/14 [NO SPOILERS]

4.01 Two Swords

See the previous thread and this sticky for spoiler rules. This is a discussion of the TV show with no outside information.

Hmm, so maybe this one will be Cersei’s wedding to Ser Loris? Just going by the episode title here.

And/or Joffrey’s marriage to Margaery.

Oh, good point.

Edited to add: I was going to comment that he’s “officially” a stag, but his sigil (shown on-screen at some point) appears to feature both animals.

Have you read the sticky?

I first noticed it last week in, I think, Tywin’s office.

Last week Jamie made a reference to the royal wedding’s (pause) entertainment. I imagine it will be something tasteless and cruel—probably directed at Sansa.

Well, fuck. Leave it to GoT to take what we’ve all been fantasizing about for the last three years and make it suck. :eek:

During the episode, I was thinking that Joffrey reminded me of the boy from the short story, “It’s a Good Life.”

Glad the little shit Joffrey is dead. Wish they’d find a way to reincarnate him and kill him again at the end of each episode.

Also, there was a bunch of little stuff in here that I didn’t understand. One that comes to mind is Tyrion’s comment about paying the little performers and needing to find a different way to show his gratitude. There were others, but I forget now.

That bit is awesome. The fact that someone framed Tyrion for it (or maybe it just worked out that way–I doubt the conspirator(s) could’ve known that Joffrey was going to be a monster in that specific way) is total and unadulterated suck.

After Joffrey cut the cake open, the camera paused on the open cake. I think I saw a couple of dead doves. Were they implying that the cake itself was poisoned?

Tyrion said to pay each twenty gold coins, and that he needed another way to thank the king.

No, the dead doves were just from Joffrey taking a huge whack at the cake with his Valyrian sword.

Other people ate the pie, so it had to be the wine but others probably drank from the carafe too. Could it have been Sansa when she picked up the goblet?

Oh, and why did Cersei have the leftovers fed to the dogs?

She looked clueless when Ser Foole Whatzisname told her it was time to make herself scarce. Also, just when she and Tyrion maybe start to connect a little…

Sucks to be Sansa.

Also, remind me never to have a wedding in Westeros.

Because she hates Margaery Tyrell with all she’s worth, and just wanted her gesture of kindness to be for naught.

To give Ann Boleyn the finger.

For those who haven’t seen the Tudors, because she hates Joffrey’s wife.

Wow, I don’t smoke and I need a cigarette.

My guess is that we’re not going to know who was responsible for the poisoning for a few episodes.