How did the bloody glove get to OJ's house?

Ok, so someone (probably OJ) killed 2 people at Nicole Brown’s house. That person is now wearing 2 blood soaked gloves and has a bloody knife. That person takes off 1 glove…and continues to wear the other blood soaked glove? That’s absurd.

Not only is it “automatic” for a person taking off or putting on gloves to do it in a pair, but if a killer is trying to remove blood soaked evidence, why would they only do it halfway?

Somewhere, the knife used to commit the murders is disposed of. (one theory is it went into the neighbor’s trash, but wherever). So if the killer still had a blood soaked glove on, why didn’t he put it the same place he put the knife?

Once the killer reached OJ Simpson’s house, some bloody socks are put into a trash can inside the house. If, somehow the killer were still wearing that glove, he would have put it in that trash can.

Instead, the prosecution swears, under penalty of perjury, that the glove was found outside, in the open behind OJ’s guest house. Also, the detective that found both gloves was Mark Fuhrman.

Is there any other reasonable explanation for the glove getting there that doesn’t involve Mark Fuhrman (or another cop) planting it there? I don’t see how it could be anything else. There was a lot of other evidence found in the OJ Simpson trial : the man (or someone who lived at his house) probably did commit the murders. I’m not disputing that. However, is there any rational explanation that doesn’t involve Mark Fuhrman, chief investigator, being both racist and dishonest?

the real killer put it there to frame him, obviously

I’m not sure why “OJ took the glove back home for some odd reason” seems less likely to you than “The 13th cop on the scene [Fuhrman] found a piece of evidence (one that either [a] has been overlooked by the previous dozen cops or [ii] the other twelve cops are willing to enter into a conspiracy with Fuhrman to allow him to steal it) and then planted it at the house of the victim’s ex before the police have had a chance to interview him and find out if he has an alibi.”

Did I log into the wrong decade? :confused:

This seems entirely believable. The other cops may not have been looking for gloves lying about, they were probably too busy staring at the bloody corpse. I could easily see Fuhrman being able to quietly bag up a glove (he is a detective…) without anyone really making note of it.

It’s entirely possible that 1 or 2 of those cops, instead of 12, did see him commit the crime. Those cops kept their mouths shut.

How about, he dropped one accidentally, and when he realized one was missing, decided to get rid of the other one ASAP. The killer dropped the glove at night; the detective found it by daylight.

FWIW, there’s a new theory of the crime (that personally I find fishy), but at least the promoters involve an honest to gawd convicted killer, and not the Queen of England, or Jackson Pollack, or something.

An actual serial killer, now doing life in prison, was known to be in the area, and did work as a general handyman. His brother claims he bragged that he did some painting, or wallpapering, or something for “OJ Simpson’s wife,” and stole some jewelry while he was there, and the jewelry is now in his mother’s possession. This was just days before the murder, according to the brother, again.

Points against the theory are that this type of murder was in no way the brother’s MO-- he dated women for a while, then committed usually bloodless murders to get their money. He didn’t blitz attack virtual strangers.

Personally, my opinion is that Simpson did it. However, I am open to being wrong after believing for so long that Gary Condit killed Chandra Levy.

Behind his own house! That’s just not believable. The “cop who was alone and a known racist planted it” is far, far more likely than “he disposed of all the other incriminating evidence reasonably carefully, either inside his own trash can or in a place that the cops never found EXCEPT for the glove which he left out in the open outside his house”.

Er… Isn’t it obvious?
Al Cowlings was jealous of OJ, so he murdered OJ’s ex-wife and then framed him.

Dude - do you realize what time crunch OJ was under?

He literally was loading bags in a limo for the airport an hour after they were killed.

Kato testified he heard noises around the back (no exactly “in the open”)

The limo driver testified he saw a black man (more or less meeting OJ’s description) walking across the driveway (on his private gated property). Simpson claimed he overslept or something when talking to the Limo driver.

Killing people (which OJ probably hadn’t done before) - is pretty stressful. People make mistakes in crimes all the time. He might don’t have expected Ron Goldman - he probably didn’t. Who else had a motive? Why kill them? The Colombian necktie? People make mistakes with gloves. Killing are complicated. One of the reasons it was obvious that the relatively recent Dubai killings was a Mossad hit is one of the guys is seen getting in the elevator STILL WEARING ONE RUBBER GLOVE. Even if you don’t believe the Mossad did it (which is silly) - it was certainly a well orchestrated targeted assassination involving over a dozen people that obviously put a lot of thought in it.

If one of them could forget to take off a glove (assuming you don’t think he wanted to be seen on video still wearing a glove - he meant to take it off in the hotel room of course) - why do you find it so hard to believe OJ did?

To suggest a cop planted the glove - when at this time he couldn’t possibly have known or even reasonably thought OJ had done it - is ridiculous. Don’t get me wrong - cops will plant things in rare cases, but at this point he couldn’t have known OJ did it - he would have a lot of explaining to do if someone was caught the next week when they confessed or whatever. There would have been an investigation at how the glove go there.

OJ literally tries to publish a book titled “if I did it”. With the “if” in tiny, tiny print. He is literally spelling it out for you.

for a frame to work, the frame has to fit.
At the time the glove was found, nobody knew exactly where OJ was. You would look pretty silly building a frame to frame OJ, if it turned out he was out of the country filming a movie for example.
You need to watch this about constructing a frame.

Ask me no questions and I’ll tell you no lies! :smiley:

Re: How did the blood glove get to OJ’s house?

Why, you looking for shortcuts through L.A. traffic?

So, being in such a hurry, he somehow dropped a glove on his way into his house? I suppose that sounds possible. As for the Mossad agent : you sure the rubber glove wasn’t to avoid leaving fingerprints on the elevator buttons?

I think your believability meter is broken.

Framing a rich and nationally famous/beloved person by stealing evidence from a murder scene filled with cops, when you have absolutely no idea if your target has a rock solid unassailable alibi, or if there is going to be a rock solid case against someone else with the other evidence, is “believable”. A murderer, in a rush to get home unseen, at night, drops a piece of evidence, and you consider that “not believable”.

Also, if the cops had been found guilty of framing OJ, they would have lost their jobs and faced prison time. One of the cops was three months away from retiring on a good pension. He was going to risk that by framing OJ? Before they even knew where he was and if he had an alibi? Get real.

Here is a good article on the subject.

And if the frame don’t fit you must acquit!

Actually, the book was published. By the Goldman family, nonetheless, who were awarded the rights to the book after their civil suit win.

Nice article, thanks for sharing. I completely agree with its last sentence- that jury was not going to convict. As for the question- OJ dropped the glove.

The prosecution would have been better off not even introducing the DNA evidence, rather they should have done some research and found the photos of OJ wearing those rare shoes on the sidelines of a football game, which only surfaced long after the trial. They’d have been better off not having OJ try on the glove over a latex glove. They’d have been better off with a judge who wasn’t stage struck. Lots of things, but I suspect this jury was going to acquit no matter what.

And IIRC, it was the Goldmans that decided what the cover would look like.

This comment has now at least tripled my total lifetime spent discussing this case.

I wouldn’t expect someone who commits double homicide to behave otherwise entirely rationally, especially in the time period immediately surrounding the murders.

You might as well ask “Why would OJ murder his ex-wife? Wouldn’t he have suspected that he’d be the prime suspect? Wouldn’t he have known there was a chance he’d leave behind DNA or other evidence that could conclusively link him to the scene?” Well, yeah, an intelligent, rational man would have known that… and yet, people do murder their spouses and ex-spouses.

This has been on my mind lately with the Pistorious case… Part of me says, “If it was a deliberate act of murder, how could he have possibly expected to get away with it?” But every day people commit stupid murders that they don’t have a chance in hell of actually getting away with.