Brits: what does "narky" (sp?) mean?

This might seem merely an excuse to cite this pleasant short vid, but I can’t put my finger on the meaning, even in the context.

I also can’t understand a single word–from the accent, not the vocabulary, which I can’t even tell–of the small talk in the beginning about some movie or other.

argumentative, combatant.

Urban Dictionary link.

adjective-- British term – easily annoyed; overly sensitive; quick to fly off the handle

I’ve never heard of it. However, a Copper’s Nark is the policeman’s best friend.
Actually, the last few governments have been encouraging people to shop their friends and neighbours quite heavily. Presumably as a government training scheme for entering this valued profession.

Like Claverhouse, I am familiar with “nark” (=police informant, similar to “grass”), but not “narky”.

In the beginning, they’re talking about Groot, from Guardians of the Galaxy. Thanks for the link, that whole thing was really funny.

“Brian, it’s not worth it.”

If you’re narked at someone you’re a bit annoyed at them.

Even to my native English ear, that accent is hard to follow. Funny film though:)

An s can be added to the beginning of the word. Snarky is the word I have heard more than narky.

My dictionary identifies “snark” and “nark” as verbs, but I only ever hear/read snark as being a noun (meaning sarky or biting repartée).

Snarky means taking the piss. Narky means, as others have said, easily pissed off. No need to add an s.

Never be snarky to someone narky.

Your life won’t be worth living.

OB

It sounds like one of the speakers has a mild speech impediment, but I agree, that’s hysterical :slight_smile: