Monday, Monday, da da da dada dada MMP

It’s Moanday, I’m up, caffeinated, and starting today’s MMP. I’ll be working in da Hood today.

First!

If you were a mechanic, you’d be working under da hood.

Dats fantastic!

And if you wore a crimson head covering while astride a mighty steed, you’d be red riding hood! :smiley:

Higgs was outside barking like an idiot - when I let her out for her morning necessary, a neighborhood dog barked somewhere in the dark. She had to respond - shrilly and for at least 10 minutes, maybe more. It was long enough for me to sort 2 baskets of laundry, get a load of jeans started, and make my breakfast. Now she’s back inside, no doubt exhausted from her conversation. Idiot dog.

Today is my sweetie’s 58th b-day. He jump-started the celebration by having some punkin pie last night - it was nummy! He’s sleeping in and I’m hoping the idiot animals don’t disturb him - b-day aside, he’s been having problems sleeping.

My big plans are doing laundry and, um, maybe something else. It’s hovering way too close to freezing at the moment, tho the weather-guesser said we might be close to 70° tomorrow. In fact, the rest of the week is supposed to be relatively mild. Sometime this week, I will drive over leaves.

Meanwhile, I have a few quiet moments to myself. Happy Moanday!!

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffienatin’. YAWN 'Tis 34 Amurrkin out with a predicted high of <snerk> 69! <snerk> for the day. It’s suppose to warm up to upper 70s by Wednesday then back to highs in the 60s by the end of the week. We shall see.

Happy BD FCD!

If doggio were a thug, he’d be a hood in da 'hood.

This mornin’ I have a conference call at eight-thirty and after that I shall venture up to the near north forty for a bit. Thus, I shall do the conference call from da cave and then head up there, as it makes more sense to head up from da cave than to go to the orifice first. This means I get to be a little bit of a slacker first thing this mornin’. :smiley:

Ok, that’s all I got. I need more caffiene and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then I shall commence purtification for irk.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

Good morning, y’all! It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood, what with the leaves being all different colors and/or on the ground. It’s going to be a bit nippy, too.

Irk is good. I’ve thoroughly impressed my boss and co-workers, and all I’ve gotta do is keep it up.

Happy birthday to FCD!

It surprised me how much an early good impression colors future opinions and reactions. When I was in college in one of my first engineering classes, I answered a question correctly in Dr. S’s class on the first or second day. He decided that I was a genius, and he never called on me again, but if he asked a tough question, he’d always look at me as if to say “We both know that you know the answer - let’s see about the rest of these bozos!” Even a year later when he filled in one day in another prof’s class, he remembered me and treated me the same way. And yet I probably only got a C in his class, maybe a low B…

Similar deal with my first boss in engineering. He drew two views of an object and asked me what the third projection was, and he specified there were no hidden lines. For me, the answer was a “duh” and I got it right away, but I understand most people struggled to figure it out. So he thought I was freekin’ amazing! :smiley: Better that than spilling your coffee on yourself on the first day and having that be the initial impression…

Good morning to all. Been up since 4 (my sleep hasn’t adjusted to the time change). I’ve got a busy week ahead as:
a) I’m being transferred to a newer and better job (different business unit of UberMegaCorp. My entire management chain is new, only the CEO remains). Lotsa infra-stuff to deal with (desk, computers, etc.) It’s pretty much like changing companies.
b) Hunting season opens this weekend, and I’ve got a variety of prep to do in order to ensure venison this winter. As usual, I’m really looking forward to a few days at the camp with old freinds.

Off to find more coffee… Wishing a good week to everyone.

Off to do laundry. My clothes still haven’t picked up on the fact they’re supposed to wash themselves.

Blurf.

The time change plus staying up for* The Walking Dead* plus insomnia has made me a very sleepy dude this morning. :yawn:

If he had 2 heads, he’d be a hoopy frood.

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 10 seconds.

Good morning
We have Housing Inspection today. It’s a BIG Deal at the office. I’m trying to play along.
Weather is changing,so I can barely use my thumbs… Makes crocheting kinda difficult

Three loads of laundry done and on the lines. I’m taking my sweetie out for a birthday breakfast!!

Little slackers.

My sinuses and throat are still unhappy, and I’m stressing about DH getting it into job-search gear. Not shaping up to be a happy day.

Happy birthday to FCD! The nephew that I’m staying with has one tomorrow.

Otherwise, blurf!

Happy birfdy to FCD! I’ve never tried punkin pie (faint if you like- I only et punkin for the first time in my 20s), does anyone have a recommended beginner’s recipe, suitable for someone who ain’t sure what it should taste like?

Having a moderately productive day- booked doc appointment, ordered a prescription, did some gardenin’, one load of washing, and am halfway through making’ bread for the first time in years. Done the kneading, now I’m just letting me wrists have a break before I go purtify, dress like a grown up, and go apply for a few jobs I saw ads for on Saturday.

Happy moanday all!

The best, easiest recipe for punkin pah is the one on the back of the punkin can. Mix the stuff together, dump the resulting liquid into a pah crust, and bake as per the directions. It takes longer to bake than it does to mix. (You should be able to find the recipe at the Libby’s website. I’m on my phone or I’d look for it for you.)

**Nut **- here’s the recipe I use. It came from canned pumpkin a gazillion years ago via my mother in law. Easy and yummy, IMHO.

Pumpkin Pie

2 eggs - beaten
1 can pumpkin (recipe called for 1# can, but we can’t get them any longer. 14.5 oz works fine.)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2/3 cup milk
2/3 cup evaporated milk

Combine eggs and pumpkin. blend in sugars, salt, and spices. Add all milk and mix well. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Bake at 400°F for 50 minutes - a knife inserted in the center should come out clean when it’s done. Cool and serve.

Spousal unit prefers it to be kept in the fridge. I prefer it topped with whipped cream. Also, you can substitute a tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice blend for the cinnamon/ginger/nutmeg.

ETA - I usually double the recipe and make 2 pies at once. Deep dish, or you’ll have too much filling.

And now, off to do yard stuff!!

Ha! Taking today off. Maybe tomorrow too.

Was a busy weekend helping out my Mom. Cleaning gutters, winterizing sprinkler system… Got 12 knocked off of her list of 15 ‘honey-do’s’.

Cooking and laundry today. But I’m home at least. Paid bills this morning. It’s so simple on the net.

Got plenty still to do (on my day ‘off’), need to run into town. Ass/Gear engage.

Hm. I see a problem. We don’t get cans of punkin here, at least, I’ve never seen one. I’d need to start with an actual punkin…