Megan Draper is....Phantom Girl!!

Judging from the first advance promo photo of the last run of “Mad Men” episodes, the costumers are taking their cues not so much from the 1960s/70s as they are from 60s/70s era “Legion of Super Hero” comic book. The first thing I thought of when I saw Jessica Pare (a.k.a. Megan, a.k.a. the ex- Mrs. Draper #2) was 'It’s the Phantom Girl. Meanwhile, Sally certainly looks like she’s rocking a dress in that Duo Damsel wouldn’t have seemed out of place wearing.

Having been born in May of '69, I don’t quite remember the early 1970s. But did girls / women really dress that way back then? I remember bell bottoms, clogs, and quasi-hippie fashions, but those clothes look a little strange.

Should we expect to see Bob Benson in a Cosmic Boy bustier?

And before anybody says anything, I don’t know how I managed to post this thread twice.

Check out some of the pictorials in the Playboy of the period. She fits right in! :o

Some things need to be said twice.

Some things need to be said twice.

Has anyone ever seen you and Duo Damsel in the same place together?

Wait, scratch that. Has anyone ever seen you, Duo Damsel, and Duo Damsel in the same place together?

I wore little dresses and also blouses with those sleeves, that Sally is wearing in the picture. They were called leg o’ mutton sleeves and it was a fashion taken from Victorian times, for a while. (I had a sewing pattern and I made a blouse like that, with insets of lace. It took forever to make, but I was so proud of it!) My skirt was absolutely that short, and I well remember the textured hose! Also fishnets, and little flat patent leather shoes in every color.

Megan’s white lace crop top and pants outfit - reminds me of outfits on the Sonny and Cher show. I also had those sleeves, 3/4 length with the ruffle, on dresses and blouses (but not the midriff look).

The first thing I thought of when I saw Megan was Bobbie Gentry.

Sally’s minidress could have been made from a Simplicity pattern.

As for Betty’s dress, hell you could even order a car upholstered in it!:eek::eek::eek:

No people didn’t really dress like that. It’s Dave Cockrum’s fashion vision of the future. Loved his costumes.

Edit: But something can be said about the old PG costume too.

What a let down I was kind of hoping this was an announcement for a Legion of Super-Heroes movie. Megan Draper is sure sexy.