How many medications do you take each day?

Inspiring thread.

I’ll leave the nature of the ingestants up to you. I changed the title from “pills” to “medications” to cover things like nasal sprays.

None here, tho I occ. have snorted some Flonase for ye old nasal mucus.

Do you include supplements as medications?

If no, then one. If yes, then 5.

I had a minor heart attack back in 2000 which caused me to be on 5 meds. However my cardiologist just took me off the beta blocker last week. Of all my meds, that’s the one I hated to take most as it slows down the heart which makes it difficult to ride a bicycle fast.

On the other hand, I found out recently that I have asthma so now I’m on an inhaler daily.

I’m on a boatload of medication, mostly related to a chronic cough and respiratory difficulties over the last year.

At the moment I’m on ten different medications, which is actually down a little from the peak.

I currently take 5, sometimes 6.
Two are blood pressure meds, one sodium bicarb pill, D3, a phosphate blocker before every meal, and a xanax as required to shut my brain up so I can sleep.
I never had an anxiety attack until I was diagnosed with kidney failure. I take a xanax maybe once a week.

I know once I have a transplant, I will be on a metric load of pills daily.

1. Contraceptive pill. Or as I like to call it, my “Wahey, no periods!” pill.
  1. Allergy pill and bipolar med which I affectionately refer to as my crazy pill.

One.

Plus some fish oil, but I only counted the one in the poll.

Three anti-hypertensives, Lipitor, and Plavix.

Generic naproxen for my back.

I take creatine as a body-building supplement, but since that is found in regular food as well, I am not counting it. Likewise a generic multi-vitamin and a calcium supplement. No prescription meds currently.

Regards,
Shodan

I take a few nutritional supplements, but the only medication I take on a daily basis is Cetirizine (Zyrtec), and even that is only between now and the first freeze of Fall.

Two years ago I was taking three heart meds: a blood pressure med, a beta blocker, and a cholesterol med. Then I lost a bunch of weight.

Two:

Allopurinol for gout.
Lisinopril for high blood pressure.

Two for my BP, one for cholesterol, plus a low-dose aspirin daily and a multi-vitamin/mineral capsule. I know the vitamin probably doesn’t do much for me, but it’s not a mega-dose of anything, so I’m pretty sure it doesn’t hurt.

One dose of anti-convulsants, two calcium tablets. Are we counting by tablet or by dose?

No daily meds other than vitamins. I do have some “as needed” stuff for anxiety, but it’s far from daily. Also, Claritin which is only daily for a few weeks each year.

Not counting vitamins, I take two (although in the form of three pills) daily – blood pressure and gout-preventing. At present I’m taking a third to get rid of a fungus infection, but I regard that as very temporary.

ETA: Hey, same as Nelson Pike.

I take two meds related to having PCOS, one for genetic high cholestrol, one for anxiety (a beta blocker), one for allergies and a probiotic just for fun.

I take two meds daily for my RA. And two other meds that counteract all the side effects of the first two meds. Sigh.

One supplement 10,000iu D3, one OTC 20mg Omeprazole, and one Rx 50mg Losartan.

1. Unlike others, I am counting supplements because I am taking them on doctor’s orders due to vitamin deficiencies.