How many medications do you take each day?

One if over-the-counter is counted.

Two types of insulin, two different pills daily.

Four antidepressants (including two sleeping pills), one blood pressure pill.

I was involuntarily removed from my birth control by my doctor, and I have to say, my quality of life has improved. For one, I’m losing weight.

I love all of my drugs. The newest one helps me not pee at night. AMAZING.

Nothing. Given the number of medications I dispense daily for the dogs, it’s probably really good I don’t have to keep track of any for myself.

One regularly, for my arthritis. If the pain on a given day is up, I’ll also take a prescribed painkiller, but that’s as needed.

11 daily, I think. Plus two vitamin supplements (a regular and extra D3).
[ul]
[li]Three for asthma/allergies.[/li][li]Three for pain management.[/li][li]One for hormone replacement.[/li][li]One to block androgens so my hair on my head doesn’t fall out, my face doesn’t go all cystic acne-covered, and I don’t grow black hair on my toes thanks to peri-menopause. (I was turning into a troll. A teenaged boy troll.)[/li][li]One so I don’t pee all the time (again, peri-menopause).[/li][/ul]

I also have a triptan taken as needed for migraine, and Ativan that I take when the hormonal roller-coaster affects my mood.

Seriously, the amount of meds is ridiculous and annoys the hell out of me. However, they do work so it’s worth it.

Being as I’m partly bionic (artificial heart valve), my cardiologist likes to be aggressive about managing my BP and cholesterol. Not to mention anti-coagulants. So, nine.

Seems these days they’d rather give you low doses of three BP meds (or cholesterol) than large doses of a single one. That drives up your pill count. And, coincidentally, your co-pays.

None. I am trying to stay off maintenance medications as long as I possibly can. So far, none needed.

Only a third don’t take any??? I’m shocked!

Could this be an artifact of the relatively high average age range of dopists?

When I went to the hospital for my burned foot, the doctor asked me my age and took my vitals. He could not believe I had those readings without taking any meds at all. Apparently 60 year old people are supposed to take drugs to regulate everything!

Just to mention, I used to take Prevacid daily, for severe indigestion or GIRD or something like that. But then the doctor cut me back to every other day. So I almost could answer two in the poll.

I remember as a young man stateside, an older acquaintance of mine was shocked that I never kept even any aspirin on hand. Just didn’t need it. Even my hangovers seemed milder back then.

I take Five routinely, and an extra two, Colchicine and Prednisolone, as a cocktail if Gout strikes. That’s usually only once every now and then such as today.

The others: Aspirin, Telmistartan, Metoprolol, Esomeprazole., Rosuvastatin

I put 1 because I use a steroidal nasal spray, but I also have a hormonal IUD so I don’t “take” it but I am medicated by it?

I put 2, but one of them I only take for about 5 months of year.

Every day: BP medm though I think I may be able to talk to my doc about either adjusting the dose or testing me off of it after my next appointment, since it’s been very good for most of these six months.
Februaryish-Juneish: Claritin, for seasonal allergies.

None. And I hope to keep it up till I die.

I’m 52 and at my last checkup everything was fine. I had a colonoscopy to check that out too and everything was fine. Weight’s good. Blood pressure’s good. Cholesterol is good.

I’ve only ever had two prescriptions for medicine in my life: one for extra strength Tylenol when I cracked my skull at 19, and one for anti-inflammatory purposes when I had a sore foot a couple of years back.

Normally 3 (Intal inhaler, Metformin, HZTZ) , excluding vitamins and supplements, with potassium 1-2 times a week. Since I’m in chemo now, though, I have fewer supplements and way more medications (including “prescribed” OCTs like Claritin that I normally wouldn’t take).

ETA: Leaffan, I hope you make your life goal! Mine included never having surgery, which I lost this winter; now I just have “never spend the night as a patient in a hospital.”

One prescription (Citalopram), one supplement (Melatonin). Medical marijuana when I can get it (it’s not legal in Missouri, and because of the added cost due to its illegality I can’t afford to take it every day).

i take as many as Batman.

Same here; I’m 47 and have never been on prescription medicine. Or any medicine, for that matter (including pain meds).

A long time ago I was prescribed some prescription pain meds after I got my wisdom teeth pulled. I went ahead and got it filled, but I never took it. My cousin came over a few months later and stole it from our medicine cabinet.

I’ve had antibiotics prescribed on occasion which I’ve taken. I had some kind of pain pills prescribed after each my 8 operations (all within a three year period). I only ever filled two of those as I had leftovers from the first until they expired then filled once more. Of those I only ever took one pill.

I can’t think of any others. I’m 66.