My new car now has a name

2016 Mazda3 – The Bitch. My friend Pam thought it looked kinda snarly and angry. I agreed, and she said, “I’m gonna call it The Bitch.” I think it’s a fine name.

I hate to tell ya…

But that is a Brad if I ever saw one.

Haters gotta hate. :stuck_out_tongue:

My new car now has a name

… it’s O-S-C-A-R…*

Has it got a last name as well?

Excellent choice! I wish you many happy, trouble free miles! Now you need a nice set of aftermarket wheels to dress her up…

I’ve already put in an aftermarket dashcam, after an accident in a previous car that the other driver tried to blame on me. Fortunately there were other witnesses.

Next item is a remote starter. The temp just dropped below zero for the first time, so the timing is good.

Welcome to the silver Mazdas club. I’m glad they got rid of the big goofy grins. :smiley:

I see it as female – a Deb or a Pam.
The Bitch does have a nice ring to it. My friend names all his cars with “Color-of-car Death”. His current Prius is The Blue Death.

I was already a member of the silver Mazda club – both my previous Mazdas were silver. I have dumped my membership in the big goofy grin club – my older Mazda 3 had it but this one doesn’t. It has a fitting name too.

You were the one who told me in a recent thread to drop all the hemming and hawing and go ahead and buy it. Neither of us may be the sharpest knives in the drawer, but we’re happy knives. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a 2015 Mazda 6 in the same color that I’m rather happy with…I haven’t named it as of yet. I was thinking Sixy, or Sixo…I really got nothin’.

The front of that looks like Hawk.

Ah yes, the idea that was dead slightly after arrival. :stuck_out_tongue: I didn’t need my new car either, but I feel good having gotten it. It’s kind of dark in this drawer, but cozy.

If I was a bit richer there’s a very good chance I would have bought that exact model car. The Mazda service manager disagreed – he thought it was a bit big for his taste and he preferred the 3. The two look remarkably similar, both inside and out.

The deal would have been dead had they not offered enough to pay off the old car loan entirely with enough left over as a down payment on the new car. That added up to about 3 grand more than CarMax offered – about 33% more.

Beautiful car. At first, I thought it was an Edsel, but I guess they don’t make them anymore. :slight_smile:

Excellent!

You could call it Shark or Jaws. Like my friend said about mine, it looks kind snarly and angry too.

I don’t know about snarly or angry, but it definitely looks pretty intolerably smug. Which I suppose also works.

EDIT: To be clear, I’m calling the car smug, not Boyo Jim.

I have to agree that she looks tough. I would have gone with a ballsy name for it.

I own a silver CX5 which, though it performs well, really has no personality. It earned the name “Totally Androgynous Pat” for that reason.