Alan Rickman dies at 69 of cancer

RIP, Mr Gruber.

I just posted, too. Reported to merge the threads.

Wow - he was so, so good.

Completely blindsided by this one, similar to Bowie in that I had no idea he was sick.

By Grabthar’s hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be missed.

This royally sucks.

I do think we should cancel Christmas this year.

Quite a shock ; I had no idea he was suffering from cancer.

I have only seen him in the HP films and Galaxy Quest but I can think of few actors who could own a scene like him.
This seriesof scenes in Galaxy Quest is a master class in acting.

Serious bummer.

Yeah, this one really hits me hard. Damn.

RIP.

Wow. Just heard this on NPR. I’ve seen him in plenty of movies but he is indelibly stamped in my memory as Hans Gruber.

Damn. One of my very favorite actors.

sigh, :very sad:

RIP Mr.Rickman

If you’re also British, male and 69, good luck!

It’s like Game of Thrones out there >>>

You should do yourself a favor and remedy that. You won’t regret it.

He voiced the sad robot in Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

Plus, the bad guy in Die Hard. Just damn. That’s two this week, with David Bowie. Who’s next?

That sucks. He was a very good actor.

IIRC, they wrote an extra scene into Die Hard because they hadn’t realized just how good an actor Rickman was and suddenly wanted to give him a chance to show it.

Damn. One of the best movie villains of all time. And the voice of God. RIP Mr Rickman. Hopefully you found that beach and earned that 20%.

By Grabthar’s hammer, what a lousy week.

Timothy Dalton, Tim Curry, David Suchet, Charles Dance, Noddy Holder, Barry Gibb, and David Lynch (and Marianne Faithfull and Joanna Lumley for balance) are all 69 and still with us.

Why would you doom them, like that?

(I had to look up Mr Rickman’s birthday…just to see if it was 2 days ago…would have been spooky if it were…)

He, along with BB King, are my biggest regrets in life because I could have seen them live, but (in retrospect stupid) life circumstances got in the way.

He’ll always be Snape to me

Always

This death upsets me more than any other recent one. I haven’t seen every movie he was in, but I’ve seen most, and he was one of my favorite actors.

Who’s next, Colin Firth? He better not be “waging a secret war with cancer!”