What elderly celebrity will you miss most when he or she dies?

The title says it: What elderly celebrity will you miss most when he or she dies?

The person I’ll miss will be Dick Van Dyke, who’s 90. He’s still active and still surprisingly sexy. I hope he sticks around to become a super-centenarian.

I’ll miss Bill Clinton. He was president when I came of age, and when he goes, that’ll be one of those life milestones that’ll sorta hit hard. He’s grown into the grumpy but fun uncle that comes to visit every so often.

He isn’t elderly by any means at 53, but Jon Stewart. He probably has another 30 years left though.

Author Beverly Cleary, who was such a big part of my childhood, hits 100 Tuesday, April 12th. I’ll miss her.

It’s the ones that die young that i miss the most, not the elderly ones. I wonder what Andy Whitfield or Heath Ledger or Brittany Murphy could be doing.

:smack: I should have stated this in the OP. Let’s define “elderly” as age 70 and above, okay? 53 may have seemed startlingly ancient in the Dark Ages, but let’s use contemporary standards.

Well he was one year shy of the OP’s definition of elderly, but David Bowie dying at the age of 69 has affected me deeply. I am surprised how much my heart is broken over the death of someone i’ve never personally known. It’s been 3 months now and I still haven’t come to terms with it.

Oh, that’s okay, dada2fish. One year shy is within reasonable range. I miss Patty Duke, who also died at 69.

I’ve heard that no one is invincible, but won’t truly believe it until Sean Connery dies.

Another one who’s only 69, but Steven Speilberg. He’s always been one of my all-time, personal inspirations growing up in the 80s. He still is, may he have a long life and continue to create movie magic.

Russell Brand.

Paul McCartney. Ringo Starr. Mick, Keith, and Charlie. William Fucking Shatner. Elton John is reasonably close, at 69.

I think Betty White can take him in a fair fight.

I will miss Betty White and William B. Davis most of all.

Who is William B. Davis?

Shit. I’ll most definitely miss Clint Eastwood.

Thread relocated to Cafe Society from IMHO.

Dick Van Dyke
Julie Andrews
Carol Burnett

I’m 70, and I wish your “elderly” threshold were a bit higher. :wink:

Me too.

(double post)