What elderly celebrity will you miss most when he or she dies?

One word. Dylan.

He is probably most famous for being Cigarette Smoking Man from the X Files.

For possibly random reasons, the first person I thought of when I saw the thread title was Carl Reiner. Who then reminded me of Mel Brooks and Dick Van Dyke.

Yeah, all of those. Along with other 60s musicians like Brian Wilson, Paul Simon, and the Davies brothers.

Jacques Pepin, who is currently 81.

I don’t just love watching him cook, but his conversation about life and his experiences is so great. His mother ran a restaurant and he talks about her recipes and methods. As a complete contrast, he worked for Howard Johnson for years when he first came to America and thus familiarized himself with a whole different kind of food and cooking. He seems like someone who has had a wonderful life that he has really enjoyed. He is also an accomplished painter: http://jacquespepinart.com/

David Attenborough is fast approaching his 90th birthday. He’ll be missed by many.

As mentioned, William Shatner. I don’t want it to happen. I had the biggest crush on Captain Kirk when I was a kid. My friend and I used to kiss a poster of him.

And Clint Eastwood? NO!!

When I saw the thread title, Dick Van Dyke was the one that immediately came to mind for me as well. After reading through, I agree with many, including Betty White and William Shatner.

Mel Brooks is the first one I thought of.

George Takei and Ian McKellen

There are a lot, but maybe Queen Elizabeth. So much will change with her death.

Brian Blessed

Well, Alice (Cooper) is 68 and I’m already planning on going into mourning. There’s just no way he can die on me anytime soon.

Is that a hard 70 or a soft 70?

Stephen King is 68. He has produced so much media that has shaped our culture, when he dies in the next 10-20 years it is going to be a shock for a lot of people.

Willie Nelson, without a doubt.

Have you seen his most recent wife? He ain’t going anywhere for the next 30-40 years.

Alan Young. Starred in The Time Machine (1960). Played Wilbur on Mr. Ed. Prolific voice actor, famous as Scrooge McDuck.

June Foray. Also a famous and prolific voice actor. Both in their 90s and still active.

I have a friend who has asked me not to tell her if Tony Orlando dies when she’s at work, because she doesn’t want her reaction to be public.

I told her I feel the same way about Alan Alda.

Was just speaking about this earlier today, Leonard Cohen…

John Williams.

No one can do what he does

Chuck Berry
Hugh Hefner
Stan Lee
Tom Lehrer
Jerry Lee Lewis
Robert Silverberg
Mort Walker