What's that indentation in your lower neck called?

That spot right above where your collar bones and sternum come together, what is that called?

Well, on the off chance that it doesn’t have one yet, may I suggest “Hickey Ground Zero”?

Sorry.

You mean the “hollow of the throat”? The closest thing to a fancy-shmancy medical name I can find for it is the jugular notch, AKA the suprasternal notch.

Cravation (rose) petal - after a woman’s anatomy.

lacus lacrimae, (“Lake of Tears”,) because that’s where they pool when one is in morose repose.

Second only to mons venus for poetic anatomical terms, in my considered opinion.

Have you been watching The English Patient?

No, a Mel Brooks movie actually. Leslie Neilson tells a girl she has a beautiful [some long double-word]. She asks what that is and he points to that spot and says “that thing.” I’m wondering what exactly he said and if that’s the correct term for it.

I remember it from the novel. Did it actually make it into the film?

Yes, Larry it is in the film. Have you not seen it? It is wonderful, almost as good as the book. In parts it is as good. Rent it and let me know what you think.

Cisco, what movie was it that you were speaking of?

according to “human anatomy and physiology” 4th ed it is the jugular notch

:smiley: This is exactly what I thought of as soon as I read the OP.

Just a nitpick:

I don’t think Mel Brooks actually produced or directed any of the Leslie Neilson-acting-like-a doofus movies (Airplane! movies, The Naked Gun franchise, Mr. Magoo, Mafia!, and Repossessed are the ones that spring to mind – oh, and that spy one – anyway, Brooks, was not involved in any of those projects).

None except Dracula, Dead and Loving it!

:smiley:

Sorry to bump this but someone knows the answer, I’m sure. I just gotta know!

That’s what it’s called.

That always sounds to me like something Neil Armstrong should be standing on.

Ucipital Mapilary is a fictional term for supraternal notch ( fossa jugularis sternalis) coined by Samson Raphaelson for the Alfred Hitchcock movie ‘Suspicion’.

Coined so that Cary Grant’s character could poke that sensual part Joan Fontaine’s character’s neck… Being a very intelligent woman he had to fool her by making up a word so he could touch her beautiful jugular notch and keep her from buttoning up her shirt is my guess.

Mel Brooks’s movie ‘Dracula: Dead and Loving It’ quotes Ucipital Mapilary when Leslie Nielsen’s character (Dracula) can’t stop staring at Lysette Anthony’s character Lucy’s neck.

Though I thought he was making up a reason to stare at her cleavage…

Lucy
" Count Dracula?"

Count Dracula
" I’m sorry my dear but you have such a lovely Ucipital Mapilary."

Lucy
“What’s that?”

Count Dracula
“This.”

— Count Dracula pokes her jugular notch —

*Note: The term Lacus Lacrimalis is a reference for were tears pool in the eye not the neck. Cravat is a neck covering not a name for a neck - the word comes from to quote Wikipedia a corrupt French word for “Hr̀vāt” Croatian for Croat (Croatian for someone who is Croatian).

Wow. Does this thread have the distinction of being the oldest zombie on the board? If not, I’d think it would have to be in the top 5.

Well, that takes me back.