Just when you thought toys couldn't get any stupider

Milton Bradley comes out with this gem:

the eBay Auction Game

Hmm. I know a couple of adults who might get that for Xmas. (eBay addicts. Worse than SDMB addicts). If only I could find it cheaper on eBay. Maybe I will! :slight_smile:

I couldn’t believe it the first time I saw the commercial–I really thought it was some kind of joke. The commercial features a man and his family driving somewhere. They are pulled over for speeding, and the police officer tells them that the fine is $200. The man and his family then begin “bidding up” the amount of the fine…all the way up to $900.

Is E-bay trying to send us a message here?

LOL that is the most ignorant thing I’ve ever seen. Even still… I might have to get it for my GF who is a bigger Ebay addict then I’ve ever seen. Maybe it will ease her cravings and let her start saving some money!

I agree with you Violet… I’d probably look for it on Ebay myself. :smiley:

The first time I saw the commercial was on Commedy Central, and I thought it was one of their jokes. It wasn’t until I saw the commercial again on another channel that i realised this was a real game. Who would buy that?

Maybe I need that for practice. I sold a bunch of stuff, but only managed to buy one CD…

I remember a couple years ago Target put out this little “Play Target at home” kit with a little plastic price gun and cash register. (I think it even had a shapeless red smock. shudder)

I guess that’s for parents who think giving their kids a doctor kit would be too much pressure.