"24" Season 2, Episode 11 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (SPOILERS)

I don’t understand why Stanton is (apparently) protecting Sherry. Unless he thinks he can somehow turn this torture to his advantage.

I think Kim could have easily gotten out of that trap, I’ll have to review the tape, but it looked like she could have just pushed the loop back to make the hole bigger and slip her foot out. Although she is dumb enough to not figure it out and just keep pulling at it. Anyway, I was laughing at that scene because the Kim story keeps getting more and more ridiculous. I too was rooting for the furry kitty.

I thought it was pretty obvious that the burning man wasn’t Sayed Ali. Seems like a pretty standard technique, dress someone in your clothes and burn them beyond recognition, I’m surprised Jack didn’t assume that was the case from the start. Though he’s probably just tired.

Finally, what’s up with them showing spoilers of more than next episode. I accidentally saw some things while innocently watching another show (not even on FOX) that didn’t happen in this episode:

[spoiler]1) I know I saw Sayed Ali being held by agents with some sort of a bit in his mouth (probably to stop him from swallowing a cyanide capsule). That’s also why I knew that the burning man wasn’t him.

1. I saw Kate (or was it Marie), possibly at CTU headquarters, saying something like: “You’ll never find it, we’re all going to die!”.[/spoiler]

Anyway, I wish they wouldn’t show anything from the next episode (or later) in the commercials for the show. The ads should show what happened in the last episode if they’re trying to get new people to watch. The scenes from next episode are fine at the end of the show though, since we know they’re there.

Excellent point, BobT! But I was wondering just how White Bread Jack knew EXACTLY how much longer the Moslem prayer service would last. 17minutes. . . 10 minutes. . . he almost counted down the seconds to the end!

This would be AFTER she chews off her foot to get out of the trap, right?

Okay, the Fox site now has the summary up from this one, which helps clear up a few things about the locker, the trigger, and the lackeys.

Marko (Locker Boy) is one of the dead lackeys. Basheer is the other. The third lackey – The Lackey Who Lived[sup]TM[/sup] – is Omar. He has the van. Apparently he was able to get in contact with Sayed Ali, because Sayed tells Marie on the phone that the two are dead, and Omar is all that’s left. The trigger was in Marko’s locker, which Marko obviously cannot retrieve now because he is Ant Food.

The question I still have is whether the bomb is actually in the van, or somewhere else. The phone call seemed to indicate to me that the Three Lackeys were supposed to deliver the trigger. But then nothing would have been in the van when it blew out a tire, and they were sure secretive about the van. That would make me think that something important IS in the van – so my guess is that yes, this is where the bomb is. And Marie simply needs to retrieve the trigger because Marko is dead (and had the locker key).

Well, presumably she and Stanton are together in come kind of plan where they both come out winning big in the end, and remember that Sherry urges him (in her little secret phone call) to “stay the course”, and that he’ll get everything he wanted in the end.

Of course, somebody suggested that perhaps Sherry is just using Stanton and then sacrificing him, and I could see that, too. In fact, there are a couple of possibilities that occurred:

1. Perhaps she really IS trying to get in good with the Prez, and is doing the whole double-agent thing on the baddies.
  2. Perhaps she is in cahoots with Novick, who seems to be the closest advisor to the Prez. Remember that Novick, in this episode, convinces the Prez to take action against Stanton, up the stakes (i.e. implying interrogation means that are beyond the norm), and deal with the ramifications later. What if THIS is one part of Sherry’s plan? To publicly reveal the Prez using torture to extract information and get him impeached.

Remember, Jack used to be the head of CTU – the Counter Terrorist Unit. He is not so “White Bread”. I would think that he is going to have a lot of knowledge about the cultures and practices of terrorists that come from foreign countries and religions. I find it very believable that he would know when Moslem prayer time is, and how long it lasts. Most often, terrorists from the Middle East are doing it in the name of Allah.

I’m starting to more and more distrust Novick, which is a pity cause I like him. Likewise I feel they are going to swerve us all and make Sherry into a face before this is all over. I don’t care if she cuts the blue wire with 2 seconds left on the bomb, I’m still going to hate her!

Last we saw the truck, two of the lackeys had killed each other after one had second thoughts about nuking L.A.
That left the third one (Omar, apparently) looking around with a “Oh, shit, now what?!?” ezpression on his face. They were somewhere in downtown L.A.; it was right after the Kindly Pool Guy had helped them change the flat tire. They weren’t at the Warner house.

It does all make you wonder about the wedding, though. Was Marie going to go through with the wedding, knowing that Ali was going to nuke the city? And she offed Reza so callously. Was she planning on running out on the wedding, to be with Ali at some point, like when the bomb went off? It looks like she didn’t really love Reza at all.
I hope they explain that, rather than leave it hanging.

These apparently are Moslem prayer services that are rigorously timed. Perhaps I should convert to Islam from Catholicism, because we never know exactly when the priest is going to finish Mass.

I can see Jack Bauer waiting outside a Catholic Church, “Dammit, there’s an extra 10 people wanting Communion. And 5 of them want to drink the wine! But now 8 of them are skipping out after Communion! Wait, is that an usher! What’s he got in his hands! Are those donuts? Look out he’s got a cruller! GO GO GO!”

Well, she did shed a tear, and said “Reza, you really are very sweet.” right before she shot him. Of course, if her plan was to help Ali nuke the city, then certainly Reza would have died in the blast, too – and since that was in the original plan, what did she care how he died? The bitch!

I’m now thinking that you are right – that perhaps the bomb was going to be set off at the wedding. Since Marie was helping, there would have been some task she was slated to do (besides the last minute locker retrieval). I think the van was going to be heading to the wedding – one among many delivery vans present.

One scriptwriter to another: “Hey, let’s have her encounter a mountain lion, and then have her do exactly the opposite of what she should!” Common wisdom is that you should NEVER run from a cougar–the best defense is to face it and make yourself appear as large as possible. Running away just triggers the attack instinct.

But do you think she and Ali planned to die for their cause or did they plan to hightail it outta there, and avoid the bomb?

Hmm, maybe the bomb going off at her wedding was to make her officially dead, then she could run off with Ali, who is apparently also trying to appear dead without actually being dead.

Then they live happily ever after.

Good point, ** c_goat.**

When sis was coming on to the foreman, trying to get the keys to the locker, I was so hoping the foreman would say, “forget about it bitch, I’m gay.”

And I am sure Jack will have a Collie sniffing his crotch next episode and say, “what Lassie? Kim gnawed off her foot and fell into a well? Lead me there…”

Not that common. I know that for some bigass animals, you run like hell, some you don’t look in the eye, and some you stand up to. Which is which, I have no idea. Probably less so if I grew up in urban Los Angeles.

One thing I thought of- Kim was whining to Jack on the plane on a cell phone, right? I assume the cops took that away from her? (I hope.)

Not that common. I know that for some bigass animals, you run like hell, some you don’t look in the eye, and some you stand up to. Which is which, I have no idea. Probably less so if I grew up in urban Los Angeles.

One thing I thought of- Kim was whining to Jack on the plane on a cell phone, right? I assume the cops took that away from her? (I hope.)

No, not common knowledge , IMHO. I would have run away from the mountain lion, too.
Although, if it was me, I would have stayed close to the road, but out of sight, and run towards a town. She was just running pell-mell into the woods. Stupid.
And I think she left her cell phone at the Abusive Dad’s house. I know there was a Meaningful Lingering Shot of it on the desk way back when she and Megan ran out.
Maybe she was using Miguel’s phone when she was talking to Jack on the plane, and being routed through CTU?
Or was that when she was still at the police station?

Can anyone tell me what was in the previews for next week? Here in L.A. they cut to a car chase (some idiot going 35MPH for two hours)
Also too, I missed episode 10. Is Nina dead?

Nina is not dead…yet. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

What I remember of the previews: Sayid is captured alive. Terrorist sister calls meddling sister and tells her something like “yeah, I killed him. We all must do what we have to for the cause” or something similar. There was more, I just don’t remember.

Nina was shot, but only in the shoulder.