24: Season 4: Episode 5 (11:00am - 12:00pm)

So have we just abandoned little Richie the rebel-environmentalist-son?

Is he still in the interrogation room wearing the Darth Vader helmet and being forced to watch the lava lamp and listen to nature tapes?

Dude! I’ve been saying that since Season 3, although Chloe has been cooler than ever in these first five episodes of Season 4. She’s usually the only competent character on the show aside from Jack, and even though she lacks “people skills” like patience and tact, she’s surrounded by idiotic, ineffectual, self-absorbed cow-orkers at CTU anyway. The Chloe O’Brien character should be made an honorary Straight Doper!

I didn’t watch Season 3, so I have nothing to compare this Chloe to, but I agree.

I think the big shocker for next episode is going to besomething involving the guy that Jack’s girlfriend (what’s her name?) recognized. Bet he has something to do with some national security agency.

I forgot about Richie. Maybe they’ll just leave him in that room all day.

Hee hee!

First episode of season 5:

Curtis: Richie, do you know how long it’s been?
Richie: You’re not going to trick me again! I bet it’s been 40 minutes, right?
Curtis: No Richie… it’s been 2 years.

The line “he Martyred himself” seems a little odd. He drove into a truck instead of being caught, but does that really count as martyrdom?

Good thing his truck exploded because I think he could have survived the crash.

Speaking of Crash… what was his role in the plot (the bad guys plot that is) that he could be sacrificed so readily and they could still go through with the scheduled trial? I thought he was important but obviously not. Unless he was involved in the Internet supervirus.

So Ma and Pa Terrorist can’t even lie well. Good thing Jr was there to help them. Or perhaps they were trying out the Force.
“That’s my daughters phone”
“That is not the phone you are looking for”
“That is not the phone I’m looking for.”
“Move along,”
“moving along”

Had to admit I enjoyed the moment her phone rang. It was one of those neato moments where everything looked like it was about to unravel extremely quickly.I assume Jr got rid of the car which is why Mom made no mention of it.
Anybody think that the time from the arrest to the time they call in to CTU was really quick? What, don’t the cops even have a few minutes of doubt to His story?
And that fire got put out pretty damned quick too. If I ever get into trouble I hope I’m in that county, the emergency response is amazingly fast.

Well Next week he has 10 minutes to get in rescue the prisoners and get out before the bomb hits. What the hell will they do with the next 50 minutes?

Yeah, Jack has almost saved the SecDef in less time than it takes the Cleavers to wrap a dead body. I think TerrorFahdur needs to whip them into shape. Beaver could never have thought up that plan about the phone by himself. Next week we’ll meet his older brother, Wah’Ali, who’s been giving him advice from their shared bedroom-- repleat with school flags from Tehran Tech.

Why did Driscoll let of Chloe? I keep thinking Chloe will join Jack in his Black Ops tactics. Too bad Kim isn’t still around. Should could babysit Driscoll’s nut-job kid.

I forgot… Did anyone notice that Chloe said something like “Good luck, Edgar, you’ll need it today”? I guess she knows the show only spans 24 hours!

Great Freakin Episode!

Now, I’m getting the Chloe vibe too, and she’s so not my type. Way to got to Psycho Boss “hmmm…I think I’ll fire the most competent person here, especially since she’s got the goods on how incompetent I am” Question: Why isn’t Jack or Chloe fighting it? Pscho Boss is obviously incompetent, and petty to boot.

Way to go on the whole CHP (BTW, I really love the CHP, if it wasn’t for them I would NOT have any good opinion of cops at all) fucks everything up scene. How about sending an emergency call to the vehicle, instead of a “take your hand off the gun, the other guys have got it” call. At the very least you’d think Gung Ho Cop, would at least try to play off the tension somehow. BTW, the worst thing was this scene, you’ve got Gangs R’ Us in the old school station wagon, and Super Cop runs the plates on the Swarthy Dude. Yeah that’s gonna happen, in Wisconsin maybe. Come on, IRL Gangs R’ US has guns stcuk up there asses, and Swarthy Dude is lucky they remember he’s there.

Now to Leave it to Achmed. If it wasn’t for the totally hot Terror Mom (I hope I’m not alone in this) , I’d leave this hole thing off. Terror Kid is a whiny bitch who’s hard to feel sorry for, and Terror Dad is playing the Terrorist 101 text book. I can totally see Terror Mom setting Terror Dad and Terror Son against each other while she escapes. Ok, now another nitpick. why didn’t Psychi Dad realize the gun has just been fired? It’s not like the ammonia smell comes out the end of the barrel. The fact that s shot has just been fired shoud have been apparent to Terror Dad.

Another point:
Did anyone else think it was odd that Audrey went from crying over the prospect of helping her dad commit suicide to breaking the gas line in about 5 seconds? Seems like such a quick change of heart…

My guess is that as soon as Jack goes in, Driscoll will finally get through to the Prez (“Your call is very important to the president and will be taken in the order it was received. In the meantime, if you would like to listen to the president’s inauguration speech while on Hold, press 1. If you would like to listen to the First Lady singing “Everything’s Coming Up Roses”, press 2…”)…

…and tell the Prez that Jack has gone in to take on the baddies by himself. Prez will probably tell the planes to hold off on firing the missiles, and Jack will get some extra time.

Or feed her to the mountain lion. :smiley:

She wasn’t against suicide for either of them, she was against her killing him. He wanted her to strangle him to death with her handcuff chain, and she couldn’t do that. But break a gas line so we can both fall asleep and die peacefully together? Sure, that’s OK.

I think TerrorKid has something else in store for us. They’re playing up the angle about him feeling guilty so much that we’re all expecting him to rebel against his parents and/or kill them. As we all know, 24 doesn’t work that way. They already had the terrorist with a heart of gold in season 2. It didn’t work out for him, and I think TerrorKid is smart enough to realize if he doesn’t do what he’s supposed to then he’s dead anyway.

My bet is that TerrorKid will catch Jack off guard (he’s just a kid, I can’t see Jack taking a hacksaw to a kid), escape after killing random police officer or newly introduced character, and sacrifice himself to complete the plot after Mom&Dad are captured and/or killed. They might play it off as “I have no choice” rather than making the kid evil, but the effect is the same.

As of right now, that’s the only storyline I care about, I’m interested to see where they go with it.

I don’t care about Driscoll and her stupid daughter. My guess there is that the daughter will go crazy and somehow screw things up at CTU. If we’re lucky, maybe she’ll take out mommy.

I don’t care about manipuating bitch at CTU. Edgar is a pussy and should have just gone with the plan, and let Chloe take the heat for him.

I don’t care about the new president. Though I do wonder where he’s flying from/to, being in the air the whole time. How long before the plane gets blown out of the sky? I think that’s the only reason for the writers to introduce a new president, so they can kill him off. Maybe the briefcase contains some sort of transponder codes or something to locate Air Force One.

I can’t wait until next week when Jack gets all Solid Snake on the terrorists and saves Heller’s daughter (Heller is doomed, IMO).

Though this episode punched some holes in my hypothesis, I still think Jack’s girlfriend/SecDef’s daughter is going to turn out to be a baddie (big stretch here, I know - but she had to figure that the terror guys would smell the gas fast and keep them from dying). I’d like to know more about how she and Jack met, who approached who, etc. This will all go back to something from Jack’s past, mark my words.

I’d also lay money down that TerrorTeen is gonna cap TerrorMom and/or TerrorDad at some point.

And someone mentioned Chloe liking to be on top. I’d let her, but only if she turned the other way so I wouldn’t have to look at her beady iguana eyes. Ewww.

I’m still with you on this one. Jack can’t have a normal relationship, remember. And now that we know SecDef’s daughter “knows” the non-Muslim guy who’s in cahoots with the Bad Guys, I think it’s even more believable that she’s a baddie, too.

I don’t think we’ve seen the last of Chloe.
Crazy Daughter is going to be a HUGE negative factor in the CTU, not that it needs any more negative factors.

And can somebody tell me whether Kim is REALLY gone from 24 or are we just waiting for her grand entrance. (I did not watch last season, so I don’t know if she’s dead, shipped off to some remote provice. . . or what. Please help.)

How did they locate the terrorists?
Power used by the internet servers or signals radiated by them?

It sounded like he was Head IT guy, but they had some backup tech support, so he wasn’t essential.

Actually, it was the mom that ditched the car. That’s why it took so long to take care of the body–TerrorTeen was with his ex by himself for quite a while; that’s also why nobody knew about her cel phone–it went off when he was alone, too.

I don’t think that’s anything compared to how quickly they got Jack’s SUV from the chug-&-glug to the roadblock where they stopped him. They didn’t even have the keys!

They reversed the polarity on the fused power couplings and then re-routed power to the deflector dish, which was reconfigured to act as a big homing beacon.

Duh… :smiley:

It was an infra-red scan.

How did they know they were the coputers they wanted rather than TV sets?
Were they the only new heat sources in the distance the bad guy could travel?