24: Season 4: Episode 8 (2:00pm - 3:00pm)

Yes, it did. That was very strange.

I thought this too at first, except that the head looked like it had the same circumference as a softball.

I agree with you Marley. They have to maintain some sort of lead, so I am guessing that she will be just fine next week. Temporary Amnesia anyone?

True – and makes more sense in a case like Sayed Ali (from season 2), who was surrounded by CTU folks at CTU office.

In this situation, it was only Jack and Tony, with no backup there yet. Would seem like sniper might try to take them both out – certainly could nail the first totally by surprise (and the smart hit would be Jack, but then where would the show be?)

LOL

I think they would have surprised me if they’d actually arrested the mole right away, but I was rather pleased that they caught her rather quickly and the car explosion caught me off guard. Of course, that gave away that Evil White Male had to die, though I was wondering if the bag Tony was carrying was going to explode…

Audrey’s going to kill someone this season. I can’t wait for it.

Good gad, man, that is Madelyn from La Femme Nikita. She makes Mr. Spock look like Emmet Kelly.

Tony: Bud in the CUBS Mug? What the heck is that? Who drinks Bud out of any kind of mug? Tony must REALLY be depressed. Let’s go cheer him up!

Well, if you saw Jack Bauer again, the man who got away with 10X what you did, and the man who gets a cushy DoD job and gets to schlup the boss’s daughter, while you’re unemployed, divorced (by the very woman who you risked execution for!) and living at home with a bitchy barmaid girlfriend (“no, she’s very sweet” had me rolling!), wouldn’t you be a bit pissy as well???

All I can say is that I’m glad 24 is back!

(Ohh, and did anyone see the House commercial and think that she had amnesia, and that House’s mystery leads back to the cliff? :D)

I actually commented on this (yes, I’ve joined the talking-at-the-screen club), and my husband suggested that this was something alcoholics do to have some sense of normalcy about their drinking habits. Make of it what you will.

Also, while I’m chattin’ you up, annieclaus, I wanted to say that I’ve been catching up on my 24 reading and got the mad giggles when, a couple of episodes ago, you referred to Marianne as Omarosa. As long as she manages to stagger through the season, that’ll stick with me!

Overall, I’m superglad they didn’t drag out the mistake about who the mole was. Now I just hope the knock to Marianne’s head doesn’t put her out of commission/render her uselesss for too long.

P.S. I’m late to the whole 24 thing. What’s up with the mountain lion references?

Oh, Lordy! If you’re new to 24, then you don’t know Kim, Jack Bauer’s useless cupcake daughter. Her function in the show has been primarily to find herself in perilous situations that distract Jack from Saving The World!

The most ludicrous Perilous Situation of all time was Kim’s encounter with the Mountain Lion in, I believe, Season #2. (Forgive me if it was Season #1. It’s all ancient history to me.) At any rate, we were supposed to be worried about poor Kim’s safety, but the mountain lion actor that had been engaged by TPTB could not have been less interested in our Kim. It was an awkward, stupid sequence that has become a classic among Dopers of the 24 persuasion. Perhaps you could rent the DVDs of Season #2 (or #1 when some kind Doper corrects me) and see for yourself.

And count me in the number of Dopers who sincerely hope that Kim does not appear this season to interrupt Jack’s attempt to save the world from nuclear annihilation.

He’s a Cubs fan. I don’t think there’s anything we can do.

I think I missed a scene or something: last week Daddy terrorist fired off a slew of shots at Mommy and Baby Terrorist in their car, yes? Conveniently only nicking Mommy’s arm, but it did make a mess of the car windows and windshield, yes?
So why did the car they arrived at the clinic in seem to be pristine?

Did they manage to swap cars while I was getting a drink? Or hit one of those 'Windshields replaced while U Wait" places?

Another set up episode at the begining. I thought Jacks whole schtick at Tony’s was a channel of Phone Booth “She’s very sweet” took my mind off my problems. I kept expecting him to say “How ungrateful” after Tony mentions the getting out of prison thing. Can anyone tell me how they got the dibbs on Sherrylite? Was it Comic Book Guy? He seemed to be a Chloe clone in recognizing the whole “Catch Me I’m the Mole” angle. I was distracted by a phone call during the 8:40 - 8:50 period. Unfortunaltely, here, they spoiled the whole arrest the incompetent innocent chick here with commercials all week.

On to Terror Family, didn’t they take Lame Excuses 101? Howz’about I was cleaning my gun and oopsie! Much more believable than I backed into a nail. BTW, as someone who lives in an inner city, I was totally unsurprised they managed to escape. Have you seen security at a hospital, infact anywhere? If you can’t outrun the 60 y/o emphesymic or the overweight black girl, somethings totally wrong with you besides the gunshot.

Oh and I want Chloe back. She was annoying but I keep expecting comic Book Guy to say “By the Way, Can I interest you in a first addition of Radioactive Man?”

I was expecting Jack to shoot the shit out of the rear rotor (stablilizer) of the Helicopter. Want one to stay on the ground? That’s your f first move.

I thought Tony’s girlfriend was pretty good looking, although she was of course dressed poorly.

At least with geography, North Hollywood (where Tony lives) is pretty close to Burbank.

If I have to go to an ER, I want to go to the one where the TerrorFamily went. They got in pretty fast.

So, I missed tonights episode. :frowning: Do they show a rerun anytime during the week?

Yes, it was season 2. And one of the things that makes it more amusing is that the mountain lion was apparently smarter…

Kim, recently fleeing something, is now wandering in woods.
She sees motion in the woods, gets scared.
Run, Kim, Run…
Oh, no… Kim got caught in a cougar trap.
The cougar is not caught in cougar trap, but watches her from atop a rock instead.
Kim is unable to free herself from cougar trap, despite the fact that it’s basically a loop that tightens around the leg of an animal without opposable thumbs.

Wilderness Guy shows up and frees Kim from cougar trap, untightening the loop with his own opposable thumbs.

Mrs. Six’s car wouldn’t start, so I had to take her to the hospital, and missed traitor girl getting caught. The summary isn’t up yet so, I can’t check Fox.

How did the traitor get caught? I assume based on comments here that Edgar the Geek figured it out? How did she frame the hot, dark-haired, ivory-skinned girl?

I was sure when they took the ivory skinned goddess into holding that it was a ruse to trap traitor woman. Boy, was I wrong.

Not really. The words actually have something to do with computers, but they’re put together in nonsense techno-babble.

“I’ve defibrillated the hard drive. We’ll have a decoded data packet in a minute, as soon as I can sequence the RS-232 voltages in conjunction with the parallel port address lines!”

It reads like someone just grabbed a computer textbook, picked out the big words, and made up sentences that include them. Sometimes even whole sentences make sense, but once they are in paragraphs they become silly.

This is just one of those ‘24’ things. You’ve gotta let it go, or you’ll never enjoy the show. The same was true of the techno-babble on Star Trek. I find it helps if, as soon as the babble starts, you hold up your hand and do a ‘talk to the hand’ thing.

I saw that too. I’m pretty sure it was a refelction of the camera crew in the rearview mirror. -At least that was my first thought. I didn’t tape the show though, so I can’t check.

Well, since all the ports on the hot, dark-haired, ivory-skinned girl were locked down, traitor girl had to send the audio file, and instruction to send it out to her computer over standard power lines. Sneaky super spy Edgar made a spoof screen that looked just like the system login screen, and got traitor girl to enter her password into it, then logged onto her machine, and looked at her activity logs to figure it out.

It should be noted that Elisha Cuthbert did sustain some kind of injury at the hands (paws?) of said Cougar during filming. I can’t remember exactly what, but I do remember reading about it at some point. So he was interested in her at some point! :smiley: