24: Season 4: Episode 8 (2:00pm - 3:00pm)

he he he. Oops.

Since all the ports on the hot, dark-haired, ivory-skinned girl**'s computer** were locked down…

IIRC, Elisha and the cougar shared a trailer, and tragedy struck when the cougar left a butane curling iron on, igniting the curtains, while Elisha was in the bathroom.

Exactly. Using a power cable to transmit a computer signal isn’t ridiculous in itself. There’s things you can buy to plug into your wall outlet that then allow you to connect a network cable from your computer to the device. Then you put another one elsewhere in the house and connect it to another computer. The power lines can carry a signal and you can network computers in your house that way without running network cable throughout the house. I think it’s much slower, but it works. That’s probably where they got the idea.

What’s ridiculous however is trying to say that she used an AC power cable to get into her system UNDETECTED to plant something. You can’t just connect through the power supply and do it. You need special hardware (like the aforementioned plug-in device), and both systems involved would need it installed and it’d be obvious to anyone (especially DoD guy) that it was a possible route of entry. I’m just a programmer, so I could be wrong as I don’t keep very up to date on networking technology, but I’m pretty sure I got it mostly right.

That’s why DoD guy was so surprised. He was wondering in what sort of alternate universe he was in where that was possible. I think Maryanne is really
the Lawnmower Man’s daughter, which might explain it better.

I liked how Tony had the right software to go through the video footage (looked like a copy, even). Soulpatch PIR8. It certainly looked like they had copied the entire video onto the flash memory and were going through it, not just a couple of still images. Unfortunately, I think they’re setting Tony up for a fall and he probably won’t survive the season.

I’m sick of snipers now, too. That happens more often than things go wrong at CTU.

Oh, yeah, thanks. I forgot about the mountain lion TRAP! Just the kind of peril that sought out our Kim. Didn’t she have to chew her leg off? Oh, right. She was saved by the mysterious, yet oh-so-attractive Wilderness Man! What a bunch of nonsense!

Heh, thanks for the amusing recap, folks!

I would like to eventually rent seasons 1-2, but I caught most of season 3. So I am familiar with Kim in her Dad-don’t-you-know-my-personal-life-is-more-important-than-national-security guise, not in her cougar-temptress persona. :wink:

So…no one (but Edger) suspects the new “consultant” who just happens to show up the day of, is asking for all kinds of crazy clearances and is all up in everyone’s business?

And Jack should know that you can’t go off and kill terrorists without taking your angry unemployed buddy with you!

Yeah, great character! “Heh heh, hi little girl! slobber I’m going to rape you. I’m going to rape you good! And by that, I mean ‘nevermind.’ Here, have a gun.”

Well, Kim was actually smarter in Season 3. In season 1 she was basically a Damsel In Distress[sup]TM[/sup] for most of the season. And not so much her fault – the bad guys had it in for Jack and family.

In season 2, Kim stumbled from dumb choice to dumb choice to dumb choice, each one getting her deeper into trouble. She had a few redeeming moments, and 1 or 2 smart choices (like not getting in that guy’s car after the Mountain Man bit), but for the most part, every time you turned your head…

I’m not going to complain about the Grizzly-Adams-Wannabe too much, though. After all, it got us the scene in his cottage where she was changing, putting on that ultra-thin T-shirt… :smiley:

Run, Kim, run!!!

In regards to the sniper only killing the evil white dude, not tony or jack:

If you’re a sniper, and your job is to make sure evil white dude doesn’t get caught, then the easiest way is to kill him. If only Jack was ther, then odds are he would have shot Jack, but with two guys having him in custody, if he shot one of them the other would immediatly get down and take the evil white dude with him, and there’s no guarentee he will die. So, sniper does the easy thing and kills evil white dude then gets out of there to save his own hide.

Okay, just watched that scene again, and I’m happier now. As soon as sniper hit the bad guy, Jack and Tony ducked behind the vehicle, which provided plenty of cover from that angle. And when they popped up to look, the sniper was only then backing away. Looks like he might have been checking for another possible shot, but didn’t have one.

When Jack said to the SecDef on the phone “Remember that <insert cool name> maneuver we did in <exotic locale> to weed out the mole? I think that might work here.” I thought to myself, “Surely it can’t be as simple as just feeding false information to everyone and monitoring outgoing communications…”

I thought for sure it was all a setup (we know that she knows we’re on to her, but we want her to think we’re falling for the obvious decoy.)

Guess I was wrong. :wink:

Yeah, I was wondering that, too.

Wow, there were some real stinkers in this episode. How about all the dramatic music and camera angles when Ddriskoll et al were walking down the stairs to arrest the mole. Did ANYONE think it was going to be Marianne? And for an agency that has seen so many “impossible” things done, they sure do reject alternate explanations easily.

What were they injecting into Sarah? I was thinking truth serum, but why not just use that first instead of electro-shock treatment?

And Edgar comes to the rescue. You have to watch out for those Deltas… they can be very sneaky.

I end up missing lots of episodes every season so I don’t have a clear idea of what’s going on, I’ll have to rent the DVD’s someday, too.

I hope the girl who was “accidentally tortured” calls OSHA on them. I’m sure there must be some OSHA rule about torturing employees. Maybe they’ll make them put up a sign “___ Days Without an Accidental Torturing”.

If they did shut down the power plants it would have almost certainly had a catastrophic effect, but I am not sure they actuallyshut them down. Didn’t they just override the override?

In the “Previously on 24” segment they reshowed part of that scene, and I believe it was a red car parked next to the Caddy that had its rear window blown out by Terrordad’s wild shots.

You didn’t see the device on Edgar’s desk? It was labeled “dobson buster buster buster”. The instruction manual says it’s only 95 percent effective though.

So does CTU have a guy whose job is “Torture Guy”?

“Excuse me we got a new suspect in. Call Torture Guy. Get him down here.”

“Yeah, Torture Guy here, what do you need?”

“We need you to break someone in about 15 minutes.”

“OK, I think I can do that. I can schedule you for 3:15.”

“All right.”

“No problem. You need to call 24 hours in advance to cancel though.”

Yes, they actually do. His name is Agent Johnson.

Looking at his tie is cruel and unusual in itself.

I suppose he doesn’t use his job description to meet women.

Well, most women.